Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally figured out where the oil pan is, and the plug to pull to drain it. I think I finally found the oil filter, but I have NO idea at all how you can reach it to change it!! Has anyone else figured it out? I've got my car up on ramps now, but I can't access the filter from underneath the car. It's next to the alternator underneath everything! HELP! :)
 

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
Joined
·
6,124 Posts
Originally posted by jyounce@Feb 25 2005, 10:21 PM
I have finally figured out where the oil pan is, and the plug to pull to drain it.  I think I finally found the oil filter, but I have NO idea at all how you can reach it to change it!!  Has anyone else figured it out?  I've got my car up on ramps now, but I can't access the filter from underneath the car.  It's next to the alternator underneath everything!  HELP! :)
I always change my oil in my 99 sephia. you gotta just squeeze your hand down in there and turn it. thats it. llok at the alternator and thats where your hand needs to go lol.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by jyounce@Feb 25 2005, 10:21 PM
I have finally figured out where the oil pan is, and the plug to pull to drain it. I think I finally found the oil filter, but I have NO idea at all how you can reach it to change it!! Has anyone else figured it out? I've got my car up on ramps now, but I can't access the filter from underneath the car. It's next to the alternator underneath everything! HELP! :)

Maybe i just think it looks iimpossible because I have short arms? At least I do have small hands - guess that's a plus?? I couldn't believe the owner's manual didn't have the location of all this stuff in the first place for us non-mechanic people! :)
 

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
Joined
·
6,124 Posts
Originally posted by jyounce@Feb 26 2005, 09:59 AM
Maybe i just think it looks iimpossible because I have short arms? At least I do have small hands - guess that's a plus?? I couldn't believe the owner's manual didn't have the location of all this stuff in the first place for us non-mechanic people! :)
its easier to get off but its gets tough to tighten properly lol.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by jyounce@Feb 26 2005, 09:59 AM
Maybe i just think it looks iimpossible because I have short arms? At least I do have small hands - guess that's a plus?? I couldn't believe the owner's manual didn't have the location of all this stuff in the first place for us non-mechanic people! :)
Well finally along with a cap wrench & socket wrench from autozone, I was able to get to the oil filter from underneath the car. Tightening up seemed ok - still waiting to see if there's any leaks. My next challenge: changing the plugs :)
 

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
Joined
·
6,124 Posts
Originally posted by jyounce@Feb 27 2005, 04:07 PM
Well finally along with a cap wrench & socket wrench from autozone, I was able to get to the oil filter from underneath the car. Tightening up seemed ok - still waiting to see if there's any leaks. My next challenge: changing the plugs :)
plugs are easy. see the cover on the block that say 16V DOHC?
take it off there are your plugs.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you know when it's time to change your plugs by the way? I definitely need to take an auto class :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
if you use platinum plugs then its every 2 years or so. I usually take out the plugs to inspect them to see if they look the same from piston to piston. Thats the best to to check if your car is in good running order.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top