Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. This is extremely annoying! I looked in the Trip menu and found nothing about it. Just locking and unlocking based on shifting.

·
Registered
2004 Optima 2.4 EX, 2005 Yamaha R1 (street) 2001 GSXR 1000 (track)
1,018 Posts
It is an internal option controlled by the body control module (BCM). On some Kia vehicles, the feature can be turned off using the factory scan tool. I'm not sure if it can be on the new Optima. You dealer would be able to tell you for sure.

·
Registered
11 Optima EX 2.4, 04 F-150, Burgman 650, V-Star Midnight Custom
148 Posts
I don't think you can. I was able to disable it on my F-150 and Town Car but was not able to do it on my Park Avenue and Impala. I think they took the GM approach rather than Ford's.

·
Premium Member
Spicy Red Optima SX, Mazda6 Wagon
168 Posts
While "On" and in "Park", hold down the TRIP button. You'll find a variety of parameters that can be changed by working through the various menus with the TRIP and RESET buttons. On the 2011's there's an option to turn off auto-locking completely. Maybe that's not available on the 2012's? I thought it was present on a 2012 LX that I rented a few months ago.

·
Registered
11 Optima EX 2.4, 04 F-150, Burgman 650, V-Star Midnight Custom
148 Posts
While "On" and in "Park", hold down the TRIP button. You'll find a variety of parameters that can be changed by working through the various menus with the TRIP and RESET buttons. On the 2011's there's an option to turn off auto-locking completely. Maybe that's not available on the 2012's? I thought it was present on a 2012 LX that I rented a few months ago.
I think the option is for auto-unlocking only. I dont' think there is an option to keep them from auto-locking. That is the first thing I tried when I got my car.

·
Registered
2011 Optima EX Luxury, 1991 Chrysler LeBaron GTC Coupe
18 Posts
There are options for both auto-lock and auto-unlock. For auto-lock the options are Off/Speed/Shift Lever, for auto-unlock they are Off/Key Out/Shift Lever.

All can be set using the trip computer as mention by dfrost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts