Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul LX IVT; 2020 Kia Rio LX IVT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to carry 2 keys with me and leave 1 at home in case I manage to actually lose both the keys I carry (my record so far is only losing one on a road trip, maybe it slipped out of my jacket pocket, but I was glad I brought the spare along).

For the life of me I can't find the "pairing" procedure anywhere in my manual or online. It's usually a series of pat your head, rub your stomach moves involving inserting one get, turning on and off, inserting the other key, but very maker has their weird variant of steps to take and the order to take them into. Some makers let you create a new key if we only have one, some require two activated keys.

It's a 2020 but I'm fairly sure anything 2017 and up will pair the same way.

It's the LX key which means chipped but no remote.

A link would be greatly appreciated. I'm afraid if I go to parts to buy a blank and cut it for me (which isn't very expensive on most non-remote keys) they won't share the "secret" and will send me over to the service department who will hit me up with a stiff service department labor fee to do the actual pairing.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX L (FWD)
319 Posts
I like to carry 2 keys with me and leave 1 at home in case I manage to actually lose both the keys I carry (my record so far is only losing one on a road trip, maybe it slipped out of my jacket pocket, but I was glad I brought the spare along).

For the life of me I can't find the "pairing" procedure anywhere in my manual or online. It's usually a series of pat your head, rub your stomach moves involving inserting one get, turning on and off, inserting the other key, but very maker has their weird variant of steps to take and the order to take them into. Some makers let you create a new key if we only have one, some require two activated keys.

It's a 2020 but I'm fairly sure anything 2017 and up will pair the same way.

It's the LX key which means chipped but no remote.

A link would be greatly appreciated. I'm afraid if I go to parts to buy a blank and cut it for me (which isn't very expensive on most non-remote keys) they won't share the "secret" and will send me over to the service department who will hit me up with a stiff service department labor fee to do the actual pairing.
Mine is limited to 2 keys. Quite a change from my 2005 4 Runner for which I had 6 keys/fobs.
2 is a crazy limit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts