Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( Just bought a 2003 Sedona. Dealer (non-Kia) gave me two new key fobs but no instructions on how to program them. Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks,

Sean

·
Registered
391 Posts
this would be very interesting to know kia charge a lot for 1 minutes work. it is done via the gift of a paper clip put into certain holes in the diagnostics interface. whilst the pins are in there it is simply a matter of entering the car turning the ignition to 1 and holding down the open button.

but I am not sure

1. what holes to interconnect in the diagnostics interface.
2. the exact wat to enter the car
3. how far to turn the ignition
4. how long to hold the button down for.

I have seen them do it to mine a couple of times, after they accidently unprogrammed it.. I think by disconnecting the battery or something

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
OK, at the DLC connector under the hood, you will be putting the "paper clip" (or jumper wire) into terminals 5 and 17. I know, you don't know where terminals 5 and 17 are. Well, if you're looking at the connector with the notch at the top, terminal 5 is the far LEFT of the CENTER row. Terminal 17 is the fourth terminal from the RIGHT in the BOTTOM row.

After the jumper is in place, turn the ignition on, but don't start it.

Press the LOCK button of the remote two times.

Turn the ignition switch "OFF" and take out the key.

Remove the jumper and make sure the remote works.

·
Registered
22 Posts
please don't delete this message it is very important those are the wrong pins
the correct ones are 5 and 17 I will post attatchment in a minute

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
You're right, there is an update.

The pin numbers are different, but the locations (far left center row and fourth from the right in the bottom row) are still correct. I guess if you didn't know where the pins were supposed to be, then you're no worse off.

Anyway, I've edited the original post to fix the error.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
This is a great post....
Very helpful....
But....

I bought a new key fob off of ebay for my wife's 2002 Sedona and I used your way of programming listed here....

It worked great!!!!

So I went back and ordered a second one to use on my keyring....

Well, this procedure used in this post only allows me to program one remote or the other at a time. Supposedly these van's can have up to four at a time set up on it.

Does anyone else know what the correct procedure is for programming 2 keyfobs at a time on the same vehicle....????

Thanks!!!

Racemoney

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
2002 models (in uk at least) can only have 1 remote programmed to them.
Laterr ones are 2 remotes only and 4 keys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts