Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I make the power accessory plug in next to the front cigarette lighter hot all the time? It goes off with the key and I would like to make it so I could use it even if the key is off. I drive a 2012 KIA Sadona EX.

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd SW, Hyundai i20, Nissan 240SX
496 Posts
How can I make the power accessory plug in next to the front cigarette lighter hot all the time? It goes off with the key and I would like to make it so I could use it even if the key is off. I drive a 2012 KIA Sadona EX.
On our 2007 Hyundai Entourage it's "hot" all the time as far as I can tell?

I had to replace the 15A fuse at the weekend as it never worked before :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sedona LX
71 Posts
My accessory port is hot all the time in my 2011 Sedona as well. I also had to replace the fuse because it was blown when I bought it. Mine was a used rental so I think someone probably overloaded it previous to my ownership.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,923 Posts
Pull the center wire off the jack and run a FUSED wire to the battery's (+) positive terminal under the hood and attach the other end of the wire to where you pulled off the original wire... This is the simplest way...Make sure you FUSE the wire (20A) close to the battery (+) so if the wire gets shorted to ground or you draw more than 20amps the fuse will blow and save your car from expensive repairs...
You could search out a hot (constant 12v) circuit under the dash BUT with the current draw needed for some accessories (refrigerators/power inverters) you'll probably cause problems.. The direct line (wire) insures plenty of current and no damage to your current wiring harnesses.
Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
I want to congratulate you guys for not trying to talk him out of it, warn him about battery life, or ask him why. You just answered his question. I am into a lot of forums. This is refreshing.

Carry on.

·
Registered
09 Grand Carnival
62 Posts
I'm sure my 08' Grand Carnival (Sedona) has two plugs in the dash. One of these is hot all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts