Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In options on LCD I found farenheit to celcius, units change pretty good on A/C console and in passenger unit (second row)
but where I find change miles (odometer) to km? MPG to l/100km? In settings I found only American miles or English miles.
Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Volfy are You sure? :) I read the manual three times and did not find how to do it. Maybe it will be only via GDS for KIA or another service software. The same problem is with Kia Soul You can change only temperature unit. Odometer is in miles if You want km/h You must connect OBD and programing via PC.

·
Registered
'15 Kia Sedona SX
129 Posts
Owner's manual says speedo "calibrated in miles per hour (mph) and/or kilometers per hour (kps)."
So... maybe some countries get a choice? (You'd think US/Canada would offer that).

From other forums, try these:

What should have been a center screen option (to change your speed i and fuel economy to imperial from metric and vise versa) is under the gps settings > display > distance units

I think if you press the settings (cog/wheel logo) button on the centre console/'head unit' you can set for metric/Kms

If its on the centre screen then press the up key for a few seconds while you are on the trip section and it will toggle between km and miles

Others claim it's impossible; some say dealer can do it.

Other possibilities: Set all other settings to US?
Fuel economy
Temp Unit
Language
Trip odometer options

LCD adjusted using control buttons on steering wheel
To change temp from C to F: Type A cluster:
Change trip mode to RANGE mode with TRIP scroll then press RESET for more than 5 seconds
Type B cluster temp can be changed under user setting

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Owner's manual says speedo "calibrated in miles per hour (mph) and/or kilometers per hour (kps)."
So... maybe some countries get a choice? (You'd think US/Canada would offer that).
They wrote this, to not print two difrents manual for each units. If You bought vehicle in Canada, Your car is programed im km/h. If You bought car in USA like me, You have odometer in miles. Everything looks like that.

What should have been a center screen option (to change your speed i and fuel economy to imperial from metric and vise versa) is under the gps settings > display > distance units
I don`t have a gps navigation, only radio with sirius (EX trim)

I spent two hours with my car to find options, who change odometer from miles to km/h - I not found. Maybe people are right - it's impossible. If I fix my car, I go to KIA dealer, and pay for change this option. This car not exist in Europe, but Polish dealer KIA, has software for all hyundai and kia models. It`s better for me.

Thanks Darisign for long reply.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car is still repairing. All front of car is damaged. Few days ago my new front arrived from USA. When it will be done, I`ll write to You, what with change miles to km. I`ll must go to KIA dealer to change for km with software KIA (GDS)

My car now :)

New front :

1 - 6 of 6 Posts