Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Subaru Loyale (wagon), 2000 Kia Sephia (sedan), and 1969 Mercury Comet (coupé)
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've successfully teached my Daughter to play Piano & Keyboards... :) ...and somehow she is way better than I.

She plays complicated songs from Zelda, Final Fantasy and others alike.

She is a young kid, so I am pretty astonished, and Glad.

Besides that, we all are locked at home in my Li'l country, except people who needs to work in the allowed areas, to bring food home.

Here, people are only allowed to work in Pharmacies, Clinics, Super Markets, Gas Stations and Hardware Stores; no more.

Everything else is Closed since march 15, 2020.

Cities are Locked, so if you need to leave and go to another city, you need to obtain a safe conduct permit (safe pass), signed by the mayor and the police.

In order to avoid having too much people at the same time on the streets, people are allowed to go out once per week, by using the last number on your I.D. card, so:

• zero and one can go out Mondays,
  • two and three on tuesdays,
  • four and five on Wednesdays,
  • six and seven on Thursdays,
  • eight and nine can go out only on fridays;
Saturdays and Sundays are completely closed days, by Curfew; also everyday from five O'clock pm to eight O'clock am is curfew time; so, if you go out without having the proper final number on your I.D. card, Police will lock you on jail all day long, then next day will bring you back home; next time there is a fine along that; third time there will be more days and increased fine...

Also, supermarkets, Hardware Stores, Pharmacies and Gas Stations, makes all the Costumers to form a Line, with two meters of distance between each person; and they'll check your I.D. prior to let you in; in order to check if you went on the proper day assigned; if you go in the wrong day, they simply won't let you in; if you make any disturb regarding that, police will hapily accompain you to the nearest police station's jail... :oops: ...Very Strict protocol but seems to Work.

Now, the small mountany town where I live, looks like a Phantom city after five o'clock; and the Lock Down due to this coronavirus, seems to be continued for more time to go...

Meanwhile, my daughter receives school classes via "Zoom" and does exams via "Google Classroom" which keeps her busy on weekdays.

I have to go to work on weekdays, but every person wears safe N95 masks around... and the ambience feels pretty tense.

Using alcohol in gel for the hands after attending every costumer, is tiring and hands ends up pretty greasy with a soapy feeling by the end of the day... but we're OK so far, thanks to God.

I hope every member from Kia-Forums, and every person in the world to be safe and OK during this horrid pandemic situation, also I hope that this thing will fade away as fast as it came, before this year of the twin twenties, ends.

Greetings from the Caribbean. :)

Kind Regards.

·
Registered
1985 Subaru Loyale (wagon), 2000 Kia Sephia (sedan), and 1969 Mercury Comet (coupé)
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Every and each day, in the moment where I get the car in the garage after job, I remove my shoes and all my clothes except underwear and immediately I go to take a warm shower with lots of soap; meanwhile my Wife sprays disinfectant on all the wheels and door handles... well, she clorates my Subaru "BumbleBeast" and I believe that the paint could get damaged on the long run, but it doesn't matter, as I can repaint it, after this quarentine times gets over...

I Hope everybody will be alright,
Kind Regards and Blessings.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,461 Posts
Best hopes for you and family thru these times! MY those are some pretty stringent orders! Glad to hear how well your daughter is doing, yes sometimes our kids can and do surpass our own abilities in some areas.
Our area has not been "hit" hard with the "virus" as we are out in the country area where farming is still the major business. BUT we don't travel out much except for food and supplies, which only has "wear a mask" protocols.
:) :) :)

Reactions: Loyale 2.7 Turbo

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,143 Posts
Best hopes for you and family thru these times! MY those are some pretty stringent orders! Glad to hear how well your daughter is doing, yes sometimes our kids can and do surpass our own abilities in some areas.
Our area has not been "hit" hard with the "virus" as we are out in the country area where farming is still the major business. BUT we don't travel out much except for food and supplies, which only has "wear a mask" protocols.
:) :) :)
Those stringent decisive measures are not pleasant when it impacts you, but it does save lives and better than the bungling seen in some places.

Reactions: Loyale 2.7 Turbo

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,461 Posts
Those stringent decisive measures are not pleasant when it impacts you, but it does save lives and better than the bungling seen in some places.
Yeah, some "bungling".... Can't go to places of worship(or VERY limited in numbers) But massive protests and rioting and destruction is OK.

·
Registered
2009 KIA Picanto
4 Posts
Good, want go to trip and need good backpack. I bought a RS Carry on backpack with no wheels. When I loaded it up I wasn't sure how it felt. I will be traveling for 44 days. I then went to REI and ended up buying an Osprey Fairview 55L which weighs in at about 18 lbs with everything in it. I took off the attached daypack because I have a very lightweight Seapack day pack. I will be carrying the back pack as a carryon on the plane with my crossbody purse. It is quite different because of the attachment around the waist, the adjusting straps for the back and the shoulders and then the strap in the front. It all seems complicated especially for quick getting it on and off. What have you other travelers found using a Rick Steves back pack vs. using others? I found that the RS Back pack hurt my back after a few minutes. With the other though, it seems like there will be no quick exit from a train and that I would have to put the back pack on after I get off the train. Thanks for the feedback. I leave in 3 days!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts