Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,928 Posts
They are reading and learning or they have nothing to say about the subject they are reading about... I'm a moderator and many times I'm just sampling what's being posted.
We are problem solvers here and basic "chat" usually doesn't go very far...
If you have a problem please post it as we have replies from all over the globe...
Dave

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX, Tech & Premium Touring
570 Posts
Another issue is that this isn't the only Optima forum, nor the most active.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
also a lot of people are on vacation at this time of the year.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima LX 2011 Kia Sorento SX
142 Posts
This isn't really an enthusiast orientated forum... More of your avg consumers asking question about their daily chug vehicles when a problem pops up. And most of them are probably to scared to actually sign up to ask questions or they're just searching for answers solo.

·
Premium Member
Spicy Red Optima SX, Mazda6 Wagon
168 Posts
I check in with this forum almost very day, and contribute if I have something useful to offer. It is a much quieter forum than that other one, but also a bit more mature.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Funny when you say contribute. I usually see, on average, around 3 posts/day in total.

I just don't understand why people linger so much and don't actually contribute/register.

·
Registered
Public Transportation
186 Posts
The other forum (reference in post #7) has much greater activity, but this forum has the far superior software. I can't stand all the popups and java and other crap they have running over there.

It is ok to lurk too... :)

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,410 Posts
Funny when you say contribute. I usually see, on average, around 3 posts/day in total.

I just don't understand why people linger so much and don't actually contribute/register.
3/day??? What are you looking at? If I sign in after work and go to "New Posts", there are usually anywhere from 50-75 new posts from when I check in the morning. And it only shows threads with new posts, some of which have multiple new posts within the thread.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
3/day??? What are you looking at? If I sign in after work and go to "New Posts", there are usually anywhere from 50-75 new posts from when I check in the morning. And it only shows threads with new posts, some of which have multiple new posts within the thread.
New Posts lists everything pertaining to every vehicle. As with potentially any other Optima/Forte/Sportage/Sorrento owner, I am primarily interested in only my platform.

+1 to all the pop ups and lag time on the other forums. Although I'm more frequent there, I highly dislike the load(read: Lag)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts