Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Kia stinger November 2018. My first encounter with Kia customer service was after I crashed my stinger on July 3rd. Originally told the repair would take 8 days. I followed up with them about a week and half later and the informed me that the original repairs were complete but they had just filed for a supplement (they had found additional damage not found in original inspection). They didn’t have an estimated completion date for me and they wouldn’t until they got the supplement approved and ordered the parts so they told me to follow up in a couple days. When I followed up a coupled days later (mid-July at this point) they informed me they needed two parts to finish repairing the car and that these parts were on back order. The “for sure date” was September 7th for the part that would take the longest, I objected saying my insurance was only paying for my rental for 30 days and I needed my car back before that. They reassured me that they would definitely be able to find the part at a different dealership before that and that the September 7th was only a worst possible case scenario. I continued following up about twice a week and they continually told me they were still in the process of finding a part and that the date in the system hadn’t changed (September 7th). They made it sound like at any point they could find the part at another dealership overnight it to the repair shop and then the repair would only take 1-2 days. So although it could be up to a month and half from now until they got the part it could also be less than a week.

At this point I had been in multiple rental cars (one of which had been broken into) and spent countless hours on the phone with kia and the repair shop and it was seeming like a waste of time. I figured instead of believing they could somehow get the part earlier than the “worst case scenario date” that I would just go off the part not being ready until September 7th and plan accordingly (which sucked but at least it was a definite date instead of ambiguity).

I split time between Texas and Arizona. The car was in Houston, Texas when the accident occurred and I was set to move back to Arizona on September 1st. I expressed this to Kia and they assured me they would make sure that the part and the car were ready before then. At some point I just stopped believing their empty promises so I just defaulted to their “worst case scenario date” which was September 7th. I planned to move all my stuff into my company’s office in Houston on august 31st, fly to Arizona to get everything situated and attend a manager’s conference and then fly back to Houston on or around September 10th to pick up my car, pack up my stuff from my office, and drive back to Arizona.

On august 30th I called to make sure the part was still scheduled to arrive at the shop on September 7th as I wanted to book my return flight from Arizona to Houston so I could get the car and my stuff. They told me the date was still the same. I called again on September 5th just to double check the part would still be there on September 7th. At this point I had already been paying out of pocket for my rental for over a month and it had been over a month and a half of them consistently telling me September 7th was the worst case scenario. Two days before the part was supposed to arrive at the shop they tell me the new date is October 18th. At this point I was obviously fed up. I had made arrangements for the September 7th date to work and for it to be pushed back over a month was disheartening to say the least. I went through the process of trying to have Kia premium customer service rectify the situation is some way. They transferred me around and I eventually talked to a supervisor who was honestly rude and condescending and told me there was essentially nothing they could do for me. After a long time on the phone with her she told me she would put my case on a “high priority list”. At this point all I can think is “Are you seriously telling me I’ve been out of my car for over 2 months and I am just now being put on a high priority list?”. The new date she gave me was October 6th. At this point I just wanted this process to stop consuming my life so I just decided I would wait until October 6th and then go back for my stuff and my car. Today (October 7th) I called the body shop to make sure they had the part before I booked my flight (so that this time I didn’t book a flight just for them to change the date last minute again). He informed me that have not received the part. I proceeded to call Kia premium customer service and ask them about the situation. The lady on the other end assured me that the part was still scheduled to arrive on October 6th. I informed her that October 6th was yesterday. She asked if the repair shop had received the part I replied no she asked if I was sure and I replied yes. The level of incompetence is otherworldly. She told me she would put me on hold while she tried to figure it out for me. When she got back from hold she told me they did not have a new date at this time.

So not only have I been paying for my rental out of pocket for over 2 months at this point, not only did they string me along from mid-july to early September telling me that my car could essentially be ready any day, not only have they changed the date on me last second (twice!), they do not even have a new date for me. I mean honestly at this point I probably wouldn’t believe them if they did give me a new date for the part to be ready, but something needs to be done to rectify this situation. I purchased my 2018 Kia stinger new in November of 2018 so I’ve owned it for around 11 months now and I have been out of the car since early July (over 3 months). At this point the only thing you guys have talked about in the realm of rectifying the situation is reviewing my case once the repair is complete (literally no one knows when they will be by the way) and POTENTIALLY reimbursing me for PART of the cost of the rental. In the mean time I am paying for a rental out of pocket for the foreseeable future. Kia has somehow made the process of purchasing a brand new car a painful one.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,695 Posts
I bought my Kia stinger November 2018.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
160 Posts
Well, if not for bad luck you would have no luck at all. Sorry to hear about your troubles getting your car repaired. It sounds like you were not injured in this crash event? And hopefully no one else was involved or hurt during the crash?
Yes it's frustrating, but this is the way things work today. Dealers can not afford to stock back up for every single part or component for all the vehicles they produce. Try to maintain some joy that you're alive and well after a serious accident! Perhaps share this story with your insurance company. They may belly up to the table and grant you some additional funds for car rental.

·
Registered
Sportage LX AWD 2014, Forte LX+ 2014
507 Posts
Be glad it wasn't a Tesla, those take 2 years to repair... lol
Very sorry to hear your story, your insurance company had to help you there, did you speak with them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts