Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento KX4
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used the horn yet ? piped mine at a friend the other day and thought a small animal had got trapped in the engine compartment :rolleyes: it sounded like a toy car horn :lol:
Went to local car shop today and bought a replacement, so today's task is to fit new horn and then find someone to frighten :lol:

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2011 First Edition
63 Posts
Yep, it's so bad its funny. Coudlnt stop laughing.
Let me know how it goes , I reckon I'll do the same .

Slim

·
Registered
Sorento KX4
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Done a quick how too........
First you need to remove plastic trim has 4 screws on top 2 10mm bolts and 2 hidden screws

Then remove the noddy horn

I bought this one from local car shop

·
Registered
Sorento KX4
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Then as i did not want to cut the factory wires i cut the old connector off the old horn and soldered two wires onto it so i could plug the new horn into the factory wiring

Then you can bolt new horn in using existing bracket and plug straight into factory wiring, ..........the relay is 15amp so don`t go too dukes of hazard
Now you can hold your head high when you press the horn.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2011 (EX-AWD) White
345 Posts
Thanks for the instructions.. i think i going to change my horn too :) Just sound weird. hee hee

·
Premium Member
kia
343 Posts
After some hammer.gif
afdekking.jpg
here
and hammer.gif
hidden screw.jpg
there

this was the result
claxon.jpg

Reactions: skavatar

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorrento SX
26 Posts
Horn replacement

I see a lot of people have done a horn replacement. Is this a huge deal? Bought my fiance a 2011 Sportage EX. I love to drive it as well but the horn is absolutely pathetic? If you have changed it, where did you find a replacement horn?

Thank you in advance for any help.

·
Registered
sportage base model manual trans
396 Posts
horn

i have had my honda civic for 7 years since new . and have only honked my horn the day i bought it too hear what it sounded like .

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorrento SX
26 Posts
Believe it or not, we actually use the horn here in Rhode Island for more than showing our displeasure with someone's driving. (Though we use it often for that too). Where I live there are a lot of blind driveways, etc so believe it or not, its used as a warning of "I'm Here!" more often than not. The horn that comes in this vehicle from the factory is simply pathetic...

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,806 Posts
really, is search option so hard to use?

·
Registered
396 Posts
horn

Believe it or not, we actually use the horn here in Rhode Island for more than showing our displeasure with someone's driving. (Though we use it often for that too). Where I live there are a lot of blind driveways, etc so believe it or not, its used as a warning of "I'm Here!" more often than not. The horn that comes in this vehicle from the factory is simply pathetic...
yes i live in a town that only has 3 traffic lights and the next closest set of lights are 100 klm away . LOL . i can imagine a weak horn is not good in a busy area .

·
Registered
396 Posts
forgot to mention

if you want a really good horn the stebil natilus has very a good sound . its a compact electric air horn . enter stebil into the intranet to see

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,806 Posts

·
Registered
2011 sportage CRDI
73 Posts
Are the two hidden screws at the top as shown in thread seven or are there more at the bottom of grille?

·
Premium Member
kia
343 Posts
Are the two hidden screws at the top as shown in thread seven or are there more at the bottom of grille?
No, You only remove the black cover part not the hole grille. The screwdriver point at the screw one the left side at the right side it is one the same spot.
I believe there are only some clips at the front of the black cover, after removing of al the bolts en screws and the two hidden screws the cover needs a little wiggle.
If your use tools to loosen panels ore covers attached with clips, use plastic cover removers. or wrap a cloth around the tip of a screwdriver.

Info from Kia Global Information System (KGIS)

View attachment removing horn.pdf
View attachment removing front bumper.pdf

Join KGIS is free.

;)

1 - 20 of 89 Posts