Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Rio
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Would like to replace the horn on my Rio but the grill where the horn is does not have an obvious way to remove it but it must come off as the number plate is fastened to it.
Can some knowledgeable person lend a hand and help me get at the horn.
Thanks for reading this first post from a newbie.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 LX mtx
181 Posts
I just crawled underneath, unbolted mine, and replaced it with a Wolo hi-tone. T'weren't nothin' to it. Oh...you hafta remove the splash guard, but it's no big job.

·
Registered
Kia Rio
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the info Riobravo I will defo have a look tomorrow I have been underneath so know the full width cover you mention as it goes across the car and up the engine bay a bit.Have put a separate fuse box in for accessories which has a bus bar link to 6 fuses. Have run power wire to boot fo a pair of mini halogen fog lights as I go visiting off road and reversing without power is a nightmare. Relay will be in boot and have spliced into the reversing light for the trigger.
My extra horn will be the Chinese copy of the Strebel Nautilus but only 10 quid + 3 for post. Will need dual input relay to prevent air horn going off with the alarm system.

·
Registered
Kia Rio
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is absolutely brill I will study that on the car and learn the process as the H7 bulb in the dip beam looks impossible unless you remove the headlight.
Thanks a lot I bet this will be viewed by many others. I am impressed with the knowledge and friendly spirit on here and look forward to future visits.

·
Registered
Kia Rio
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have just had car on ramps in the snow and dropped thebottom cover. It splits in half and the centre rotates so you can just swing it out of the way to do the job. In my case I just want a trigger line so scotch locked it and job is ready for make/break dual input relay so both wont go off with the vehicle alarm.
I was under the impression that sort of alarm was frowned on in UK but what do I know?
Anybody know where the best place to bridge an 'ign on' wire from as there are no obvious places to me. Any hints would be appreciated.

·
Registered
Kia Rio
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Still waiting for reply to find a source for ignition that I can use for extra relay for horns as 2 relays are needed to make the air horn isolated from alarm setting and only work in tandem with ign 'on'.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts