Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,930 Posts
And soon you will be asking why the clutch failed so "soon" ...
They really are not made for this type of abuse.
Dave

·
Registered
'12 Kia Rio LX. '11 Toyota Tacoma, '07 Honda S2000, '11 Husaberg FS570, KTM 990 Adventure
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And soon you will be asking why the clutch failed so "soon" ...
They really are not made for this type of abuse.
Dave
clutch abuse? it is an automatic... :lol:

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul +
34 Posts
Would you like a cookie or something? We tend to try to not reward stupidity as that just causes more of it to occur.

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts
What do you think your "automatic" shifts with???
You have clutches and bands inside that automatic transmission and they DO wear out...
Your headaches will be LARGER when it goes...
Then there will be complaints about "how cheap" KIA transmissions are.
Dave

·
Registered
'12 Kia Rio LX. '11 Toyota Tacoma, '07 Honda S2000, '11 Husaberg FS570, KTM 990 Adventure
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What do you think your "automatic" shifts with???
You have clutches and bands inside that automatic transmission and they DO wear out...
Your headaches will be LARGER when it goes...
Then there will be complaints about "how cheap" KIA transmissions are.
Dave

are you my dad? you are getting mad at me because you say i will complain when the car breaks. did i do this? jesus dude, take a chill pill.

SORRY, mebbie I SHOULD type in CAPS, mebbie THAT will get my POINT across.

Would you like a cookie or something? We tend to try to not reward stupidity as that just causes more of it to occur.
man, you guys are no fun. i am fooling around in my own car, not blaming kia for anything.

ok, back to beating on my cheap throw away cars...

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts
Your "point" is that you don't understand how a car runs and don't wish to learn.
You seem to have no idea how a car runs and the damage you are doing to it by abusing it doing stupid things just to get attention. Then you post yourself doing it. What's the "point" in destroying your means of transportation?
Viewers of your post will see over and over again your lack of common sense.
You will be paying for your car long after it dies and probably won't understand why... until then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tend to agree with the OP on this one. It's not like he's doing donuts or slamming it into gear at high revs. Geeez it's a couple little hops which I actually find interesting that a Soul could even do. I wouldn't do it but it's unlikely he did any damage IMO.

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts
To get the rear end off the ground he had to slam it in gear and the revs had to be there also... There just isn't that much HP to do this kind of thing at sensible revs. Yes it did do a few hops and also did do some internal damage...
These are not made for abuse as they were made for mileage and the weight reduction takes it's toll in smaller clutches, bands, and bearings.. The old saying "a chain is only as good as it's weakest link" applies here.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your "point" is that you don't understand how a car runs and don't wish to learn.
You seem to have no idea how a car runs and the damage you are doing to it by abusing it doing stupid things just to get attention.
you could not be more wrong. i have been in the automotive business for 24 years, racing professionally for the last 12, being the sole wrench on my track cars.

To get the rear end off the ground he had to slam it in gear and the revs had to be there also...

again, you are incorrect. watch the video again, motor barely got off idle, and was in reverse the whole time. i used the rebound of the rear suspension with a precisely timed ebrake application to bounce her up.

i think you are jealous of my mad skillset. it's ok, i just told you the secret, so you now can show off in front of your friends... ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts
Then you SHOULD know these cars were not built for this type of punishment...
Do what you will... You will anyway..
I'm warning others against doing stupid things after watching your youtube.

That's no skill it's stupidity.... Ask KIA to warrant your car after showing them your video. They'll void it in an instant...

·
Registered
2013 Soul Base Auto 1.6 Titanium 68 Shelby GT500 68 Shelby GT350 72 Pantera 65 Cobra
9 Posts
LOL, I think you all need to CHILL...TFO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts