Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am trying to get my son's Kia Sportage running again and discovered that what we thought was a bad gasket or something is actually a split hose.

The hose goes to something that I assume is an oil cooler as seen here.

The problem is, that it is down under HERE...

And it appears that to get to the hose and replace it I will have to remove ALL OF THIS!!!

So I am hoping and praying that someone that has had to replace one of teh MANY hoses down there has some hint on how to get at it easier than removing the entire throttle body and intake manifold, as well as everything attached to those...

ANY input or advice/suggestions is very much appreciated, this is such an easy repair if we could get to it but because of the cramped engineering and the lack of a place to work on it long term, we may be looking at having to sell the car rather than replace one hose.

·
Registered
'96 Camry v6 XLE, '00 Camry LE
2,174 Posts
Possibly from underneath - if you raised & supported the front end at the frame rail for clearance / were able to slide underneath the Sporty, with the oil filter removed and had help at the top-end (2 persons working on it) ..

I'd try to get as many hoses & connectors out of the way as possible that may interfere with help the top side though before proceeding w/ the repair..

Hope this helps..

·
Registered
3 Posts
any luck?

I am still trying to find time to did into my water shooting issues, thought I would see if you found a way in there...

Wayne

1 - 3 of 3 Posts