Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I was wondering where I can find a hood with a scoop?? I see the Carnival's with the Diesel come with them....why can't I find one on the web to put on my Sedona??

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
A dealer should be able to get a diesel 'hood' for you, they are used on diesels due to the intercooler being directly on top of engine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm wondering though if they would be available in the states since they don't sell a diesel version here, only the 3.5 v6. I just like the looks of it, but would plan on finding a way to customize it into a cold air intake. Anyone have an idea of what they run overseas??

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
interesting...should have been more clear on my statement. I was actually referring to if anyone had any idea of what the hood would run overseas with the scoop.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone overseas, UK, Austrailia, etc. have any idea of what a diesel hood would cost for a 2004?? Or does anyone have any links to a place that sells them? I can't even find a place that sales a regular one in the US.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's well weird but not suprising. Only the base model has the petrol option in UK as it's a cheaper engine. All the other specs only have the deisel.

I suppose it's down to price of petrol over here and the views on Deisel in America.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess so, not much diesel anything here except big trucks. Are there any body part places over there where you can just buy the hood??

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can check the price in indonesia where the sedona is now asembled, for sure they have it for cheap but the freight will kill you!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That would be great, I'd really appreciate it. I'm sure the freight will be well over the price of the hood, but I would still like an idea of what it would cost. It may be better to just order one and have a scoop stuck on it *shrugs*

·
Registered
'04 Kia Sedona EX, '10 MBZ C300 Sport, 1.3KW Electric GoCart
109 Posts
I have a '04 Sedona and I have been interested in the same diesel hood, I am in the US also. Seems that the UK or Aussie hood will be too much to import. I have been looking at aftermarket scoops to add on. There are many styles available. You may may find one similiar to the Kia hood. If not, no one in the states is going to care if you got a UK hood or you added you own.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts