Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sorento V6 LX AWD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having touble opening my hood. I pull the lever and nothing happens. I can hear it clicking up front where you would put your hand in and open it. I'm thinking it is some sort of security feature but never heard anything like it. Any suggestions? Also closed the doors, put the key in ignition. Tried everything.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
If you pull the release, have someone else lightly tap the center of the hood in the front with the heel of their hand. If it pops up, it just needs a little adjustment. If nothing happens then I agree with spongebob that the clip may have popped off or the cable is stretched/defective.

There's no "security feature" keeping the hood closed other than the latch connected to that cable. :)

Best,

·
Registered
2012 Sorento V6 LX AWD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: They can't get the hood open. They are going to break the grill on Thursday to get in and replace what they need to replace. If it's deemed my fault like something stuck in the latch, then I pay $500 bucks. If not then it's under warranty. They asked if I disconnected the cable for my LEDs. Why would I do that? No I have to wonder for two days if electrical tape fell in the latch or something of the sort. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,415 Posts
Before they break the grille, tell them to pull the left fender liner out and reach up by the headlamp and try pulling the cable. I had one pop out of where it is clipped in on the radiator support by the left headlamp, and I was able to open it this way.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento V6 LX AWD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They claimed they tried that. I'm hoping that they are honest about it. I'm waiting for the results right now.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento V6 LX AWD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got the call and it is under warranty. The cable disconnected from the latch. Got a new grill at 2500 miles. I would have preferred spongebob's method. I wish I would have tried it but they are the experts. Thanks for posting options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts