Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 kia rio
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i bought this car a few months back and noticed the Hood Release Cable was hard to pull, figured there was something wrong, today when changing the oil the cable was detached from the lever inside and its fraided. i see its a two piece cable. what all is involved in replacing the section that goes to the inside lever.

·
Registered
2007 kia rio
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bumpty bump, i know some one here has had to replace there cable, some one. looks like i can tie a string to the end and pull the old one out than pull the new one in, but just how hard is it to get it undone from the coupler ?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
The cable comes as a complete ass'y and the center "wire" has crimped ends...
Contact cobra259 (here) with a pm and he will give you a price with shipping for the cable ass'y to your door.
I have seen posts about the troubles that happen when the cable breaks or comes loose...It's close to impossible to open the hood to gain access to the bad cable so I'd suggest you replace it soon...
Dave

·
Registered
2007 kia rio
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check out = kiacarparts.net. and as for selling the cable as complete, well every site i could find that had a cable listed both sections. i could see how each cable slides into the connection. good luck selling your cable assemblies.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 kia rio
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for what its worth, it was pretty easy to change, have to unscrew the inner plastic fender liner and pull it back to get to a clip that holds the cable to the inner fender, then fish it though and connect it. kiacarparts.net shipped it out right away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts