Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Sorento EX+ V6 / 2018 Forte 5 LX
58 Posts
The ones my dealer is pushing out are taped on. I assume they are OEM, I don't have one so I can't say for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The one that came on my new Sorento is screwed on the underside front edge of the hood in the middle area. Out near the ends there is clear heavy tape on the hood to protect the paint that a clip is slid over then the guard is screwed to those clips.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This seems like a good place to ask this question. I recently ordered a hood deflector for my 2014 Sorento on ebay. The part number shown was 1U024 ADU00 and was supposed to be for a 2014. They sent me a 1U024 ADU01 and the plastic around the deflector said it was for a 2011-2013 Sorento. I sent it back after they sent me a printout FedEx label. After searching the internet some sites say the 2014 number is 00 and some say 01. Does anyone know what the correct part number is for the 2014? Are they both the same? Sign me totally confused.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX AWD
102 Posts
Hood deflector info...

I installed my deflector with the help of a friend (recommended to save time and grief) last weekend on my 2014 Sorento SX. It screws on with 4 screws under the front of the hood (replacing 4 clip-plugs, that you'll probably break removing, that held on the rubber lining with self-expanding plastic bolts called "screw plugs" ). It has two clips on the ends that clip onto the front of the hood (you use special tape to protect your hood from the clips), then you screw the deflector to the clips.

I don't know how well it will do actually "deflecting"... but I sure do like the look of it on my Sorento!

The part number is 1U024 ADU01. I bought off Amazon for $80 + s/h. An Amazon comment suggested to pre-thread the screw plugs; I second that recommendation because it would have saved time and grief. Why didn't I do it! Kick-kick! :confused: I also recommend that you have a small rubber mallet to get the clips onto the hood. It's not listed in the instructions as one of the tools you'll need.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SXL
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I installed my deflector with the help of a friend (recommended to save time and grief) last weekend on my 2014 Sorento SX. It screws on with 4 screws under the front of the hood (replacing 4 clip-plugs, that you'll probably break removing, that held on the rubber lining with self-expanding plastic bolts called "screw plugs" ). It has two clips on the ends that clip onto the front of the hood (you use special tape to protect your hood from the clips), then you screw the deflector to the clips.

I don't know how well it will do actually "deflecting"... but I sure do like the look of it on my Sorento!

The part number is 1U024 ADU01. I bought off Amazon for $80 + s/h. An Amazon comment suggested to pre-thread the screw plugs; I second that recommendation because it would have saved time and grief. Why didn't I do it! Kick-kick! :confused: I also recommend that you have a small rubber mallet to get the clips onto the hood. It's not listed in the instructions as one of the tools you'll need.
That was my comment on Amazon to run the screw into the insert so it would stay in the hood! I figured that out after dropping the plastic inserts a couple of times.

I've been really happy with the deflector I bought. It's sturdy and it looks great on my Sorento.

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kia Sorento Hood Deflector Bug Shield

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
This seems like a good place to ask this question. I recently ordered a hood deflector for my 2014 Sorento on ebay. The part number shown was 1U024 ADU00 and was supposed to be for a 2014. They sent me a 1U024 ADU01 and the plastic around the deflector said it was for a 2011-2013 Sorento. I sent it back after they sent me a printout FedEx label. After searching the internet some sites say the 2014 number is 00 and some say 01. Does anyone know what the correct part number is for the 2014? Are they both the same? Sign me totally confused.

1U024 ADU01 is the correct # for 2014. You should have kept it.

·
Registered
2012 Optima EX-T, 2014 Sorento SXL AWD
254 Posts
In early November I will order a 5 seat 2014 SXL in titanium with gay leather with AWD. I think AWD will be the only option/accessory I order from the factory. Via the OEMSuperStore (Kia dealer in Deland FL) I got the accessories I want for cheaper than invoice and definitely under MSRP via the factory.

Today I ordered: side window rain guards, mud flaps, cargo mat, cargo cover, and carpeted floor mats. I will consider the hood protector once I get the vehicle. I have never had a hood deflector on a vehicle before.

It is gonna be an exciting time....first new vehicle for me in just over 10 years. :) The wife got her Optima EX-T in 2012 and that was her first new car in over 10 years. That is a great car. I hope the Sorento works out as well.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX AWD
102 Posts
Real world test: the deflector doesn't deflect. :) Went up to Clear Lake and the rice flies were out and about while I was driving. And my new deflector... looked nice my car. What can I say?

:)

That's okay. I knew it would be more for looks than for functionality.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,539 Posts
Real world test: the deflector doesn't deflect. :) Went up to Clear Lake and the rice flies were out and about while I was driving. And my new deflector... looked nice my car. What can I say?

that's why the correct name is hood protector :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
After 2 returns and getting the third one I now have the deflector installed. It certainly is a good looking addition. Unfortunately, I didn't look at this site until after I installed it. Figured out the screw into the white nut when I found that it wouldn't stay in without some kind of expansion.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SXL
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

You still got bugs hitting your hood? Mine works great. It's not going to keep bugs from splattering on your windshield, mirrors, etc... but it should pretty much keep them off of your hood.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento, 2014 Kia Soul
1 Posts
They are screwed on using plastic inserts pushed through the rubber hood gasket pin holes. I have installed many deflectors and this one is the most cheap and difficult to install. I am going to ditch that method and try RivNuts instead. I have tried for two hours to install the shield and finally gave up. Make sure you completely cover the engine compartment with a sheet because I guarantee you will drop a screw or plastic insert and if you can't find it you are dead in the water. Maybe another brand has an easier way to install.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts