Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New to the board. I just bought a new 2013 Sorento Ex two weeks ago. My 05 Sorento had the Homelink autodimming mirror so the wife wanted one on this one. So i bought the aftermarket online because it was MUCH cheaper. My qhestion is does anyone know the easiest way to install the mirror wire wise, hot, ground, constant without having to tap into the fuse box or cut wires? The wiring that came with the morror came with tap wires. So that helps. And help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX AWD V6 Limited/Panoramic
422 Posts
not sure about tapping into existing wires. When you buy the KIA version of the mirror, it comes with wiring to tap into the fuse box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, this one didnt come like that. I thought i had read somewhere there are wires close by one can tap into.

·
Registered
OPTIMA HYBRID, FORD EXPLORER, MK2 JETTA
5 Posts
there are wires for the overhead console (dome light) that can be used to power the homelink mirror up.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
Not to beat the dead horse here, but the KIA one comes with full and correct directions. Maybe thats one of the reasons its not waaaaay cheap.

Its not an easy task to install this, kiatechinfo.com you should be able to pull up directions for the KIA one, and it may help sort out the other one you have, and may work. May.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts