Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Rio (Automatic)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I clipped a doe on the way to work this morning - the driver's side view mirror was completely smashed off, and the body panel ahead of it is dented and warped - making it hard to open the driver's side door, and it sounds like it may be rubbing the tire when I make a sharp right turn.

How much am I looking at to fix this? Are these things I might be able to source at a scrapyard and replace myself (not having done anything more taxing than a headlight replacement previously)?

-Dave

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,575 Posts
The panel over the front tire is called a fender. A brand new fender from Kia is $126.00,it will need to be painted. If you want a price on a mirror I'll need the last 8 of your vin# to get you a price.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Rio (Automatic)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last 8: 36226931

I think the OEM mirror is 87610FD200CA (black, manual lever, left side), which fourgreen.com has for $68. Though I saw there are "universal" ones on PartsTrain for $13. Are these any harder to put on? I don't much care what it looks like as long as it's functional and legal.

It looks like according to car-part.com local salvage has the fender as low as $50 as long as I'm not picky about color (and the mirror too, also $50).

What would the labor look like for these? Is it even worth trying to do myself?

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,575 Posts
With those prices I would go used as well. Do you know how to paint a fender? If the color is close (used fender) you can just leave it alone or even get a paint shop to mix up some paint and just spray it on with a rattle can. won't look great but much better of a color match. A one size fits all mirror will not bolt right up. that is the correct part#(mirror) If you can get it from fourgreen for that price I would get it from them. The best I could do for you would be around $99.00 for a new mirror.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Rio (Automatic)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car's black, so paint mixing isn't really an issue. But honestly, I don't care about the fender not matching. More concerned about whether or not I'll be able to swap it (and the mirror) out myself, and if not, how much I'm looking at to have someone else do it.

Complicating matters, I can't find any info on KIGS for the fender at all, nor the mirror (there are replacement instructions for the power version, for 01 and 02, and then nothing at all past that).

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
The mirror is easy. Pull the trim off the inside of the door. Where the mirror is mounted (plastic piece) remove it Three screws hold it on. Removebolt,s and electrical connector and replace the mirror. The fender i never did on my car but it shouldn't be to difficult to do. OH by the way if you don't have a friend to paint it, Paint isn't cheap it will probablly cost as much as the fender. It cost me $250 to have My hood painted only on the outside. If looks aren't important try it yourself to save some money if you are capable. In kia tech look in the shop manual for 03 body interior/exterior/frontdoor/repair procedures for the mirror. Good luck and be carefull out there it's rutting time for the bucks here in PA. Reguard's Ronjohn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts