Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine just purchased a brand new Rio5 with the six speed manual. The sticker (and manual) clearly state that the car has hill start assist which should maintain brake pressure for two seconds after releasing the brake. His car does not do this.

No matter what we have tried, the car does not hold brake pressure for any length of time. Is there something specific we need to do to activate the hill assist control?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2012 Rio SLi 'Latte' 6AT 1.6GDi
126 Posts
A friend of mine just purchased a brand new Rio5 with the six speed manual. The sticker (and manual) clearly state that the car has hill start assist which should maintain brake pressure for two seconds after releasing the brake. His car does not do this.

No matter what we have tried, the car does not hold brake pressure for any length of time. Is there something specific we need to do to activate the hill assist control?

Thanks!
The hill assist control only activates when it detects a slope greater than 5% I think. It would be a bit pointless if it worked on a slope any smaller than that since there wouldn't be much rollback.

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 LX Manual, '15 ZX14R, Honda VFR800, Ducati 748, '87 Buick Grand National, '13 Subaru BRZ
101 Posts
You have to be on a hill, then let the clutch out until it almost starts to engauge, then let off the brake. Works for me.

·
Registered
Kia Rio YB . GT-line 2018
213 Posts
over heer in the netherlands there was a compleet series of rio,s whit no vsm package
so that means no hill assist and no v.s.m and emergensie brake light
so if you can not get it to work ask if it is on i can check it whith the vin numbre

1 - 5 of 5 Posts