Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping some of you Sorento drivers can help. I have noticed some things about my 2004 I don't like.
Question1: What RPM do you see when cruising at 60mph? I think mine seems high at 2450.
Question 2: What kind of fuel economy do you get? I haven't got a number on mine yet, but it seems worse than my 1991 Ford Explorer.
Question 3: I've noticed a rotten egg smell sometimes at idle.

I had a transmission problem with this thing awhile ago (turned out to be not enough transmission fluid - can you believe that, brand new truck)
and now wonder if it is really getting into top gear. Also, the rotten egg smell makes me think it may be running too rich, or the converter is failing. Thanks

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Originally posted by skeeler@Jan 24 2005, 08:42 PM
Hoping some of you Sorento drivers can help. I have noticed some things about my 2004 I don't like.
Question1: What RPM do you see when cruising at 60mph? I think mine seems high at 2450.
Question 2: What kind of fuel economy do you get? I haven't got a number on mine yet, but it seems worse than my 1991 Ford Explorer.
Question 3: I've noticed a rotten egg smell sometimes at idle.

I had a transmission problem with this thing awhile ago (turned out to be not enough transmission fluid - can you believe that, brand new truck)
and now wonder if it is really getting into top gear. Also, the rotten egg smell makes me think it may be running too rich, or the converter is failing. Thanks
1...I never really noticed what RPM I was at when I was cruisin at 60 MPH. I will check that out for you.
2....I get 16 miles per gallon. Not sure if ya want miles per gallon since you are up in Canada with the metric system.
3.....I have noticed a rotten egg smell like twice in the past 8 months I have had the Sorento. I am not too worried about it hasnt happened for a while,
Hope this answers some questions and I will get back to you about the RPM deal.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Rotten egg smell is indicative of the catalitic convertor and is quite normal had the same smell off my Chrysler voyager!

PS: Up the Senators!

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I think that they might be a difference between the US and the non US version.
Golom.....I have got the 3.5L V6 192HP what do you have under the hood??

·
Registered
10 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts