Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to all, I'm Guimo Newbie from the Philippines. I wanted to ask regarding my rpm... when i shift to 1st gear my rpm goes to 2000 and it stays there...even in 2nd , 3rd, 4th and 5th.. and it sometimes shoots up to 3500...its so annoying when you stop at an intersection and your engine is like rev 3000rpm.. anyone encounter this?? really need help.. pls post some pic on what should i change... i'm not really familiar with car parts..Thanks in advance.:confused::confused:

·
Super Moderator
9,473 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you need to take the Idle Speed Control (ISC) valve off the throttle body and clean it with carb cleaner.

PS. How about filling in your profile detail.

·
Memorial Super Moderator
2,861 Posts
Does the car rev freely and return to idle if you rev the engine up and down when not in gear? ron1004 has made a good suggestion but also check that accelerator cable is not frayed and catching as it moves and also any linkages to the intake manifold[trottle move freely.. Also as said please fill in you user profile[ click on user CP in toolbar and then edit profile button. and include details of exact , year of your vehicle , engine size, type and whether you car is a manual or auto etc, more details help forum members help you more easily. Give as much detail when asking a question as possible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks ron and pulsar.
@pulsar.. yeah it does rev by itself sometimes...can't really explain it.. imagine first gear broooooom ahahah when you step on the clutch for second gear, the rpm stays at 2000.... when i stop on an intersection waiting for the green light, it goes down eventually but after 2 min or so....i'll try to do what ron suggested on my free time...and i also checked the accelerator cable and linkages as you suggested.. they move freely....hmmm ...i keep you guys updated on this..i'll be out for 3 weeks provincial travels eheheh provincial travels...I had this car for 2 months now. so far here ar the things i did.
1. New Sleeves for the piston chambers
2. New Pistons Rings
3. New AF sensor
4. New Alternator
5. New Brake system
6. New Pistons
7. All components inside the engine are new. Total Rebuild
need to to list :
1. Sound sytem--Already changed Head unit..still using the oem speakers
2. Paint
3. Rims-- Still Looking for a good design
4. Minor Electrical
5. Money for the above list ahahhahhahahhaha

·
Memorial Super Moderator
2,861 Posts
I'm sure you will sort it out. The car looks good, cars always equal money spent to most people. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts