Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Chevy Lumina, 2013 Kia Rio, 2002 Triumph Daytona 955i, 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here found any compatible high performance brake pads? And someone who sells SS braided brake lines?

Hawk, Ferodo and Carbotech don't list pads for '12+ Rios. Hawk has pads for the Soul, and Ferodo offers their Premier and SL pads for '11+ Hyundai Accents but those aren't really high performance pads.

Are the Soul calipers the same as the ones on the Rio?

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
463 Posts
You could try Willwood. If you have EBC in your country you could try them, they usually have every make and model available for sale by their 2nd year in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greens aren't gonna cut it since I'm interested in the upgrade for track use. :(

And they don't sell the Yellows for the Rio... :mad: I love EBC. Have used their HH pads on all my bikes with great results. They're the first ones I tried when I started looking but no cigar. :( Might grab a set of the Greens for the rear, but the guys at Kinetic told me the best combo they found is with the stock rears. So, I don't know. :huh:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Feel free to PM me regarding brakes and I'll be glad to help you out. We are vendors on this site that sell brake parts.
Thanks Steven! PM sent. :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way, I contacted the guys at Kinetic Motorsports, since they do the kits for the B-Spec Rio 5 and have quite a lot of experience racing Kias. Russell was very quick to respond and very helpful.

He pointed me towards these guys for brake pads:

Cobalt Friction Technologies

He told me they use their XR2 pads in the front with the stock pads in the rear on the B-Spec Rio 5's. The Rio is not listed on the site but I contacted Andie at Cobalt (who was very quick responding and very helpful as well) and he told me they do indeed make the pads and they can be ordered over the phone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
A friend of mine also did a little bit of research and found that the Accent/Rio use the same caliper as the Elantra, apparently:

And Carbotech makes pads for the Elantra:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts