Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage hybrid diesel 2019
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone and welcome. I own one Kia Sportage 1.6 diesel hybrid 2019 model and lately I notice that the engine oils are much higher than the allowable limit in the index. I noticed it when it was cold but I also let it work then I turned it off and left it for half an hour however the result was the same.

·
Registered
2013 LX & 2020 EX KIA Sportages
201 Posts
Good morning everyone and welcome. I own one Kia Sportage 1.6 diesel hybrid 2019 model and lately I notice that the engine oils are much higher than the allowable limit in the index. I noticed it when it was cold but I also let it work then I turned it off and left it for half an hour however the result was the same.
Engine oil just doesn't appear on the dip stick. To be high, someone has had to add it ? Did you recently have a oil change and possibly it was over filled. That is the hopeful situation. Next, is the oil milky looking. It is possible the head gasket may have started leaking, which could allow the engine's coolant to leak into the engine oil. Is the coolant low. Take the radiator cap off when the engine is cool. Is the coolant milky looking or low. If everything looks good, just let out a little oil and check every couple days. If it happens again, have coolant system pressurized and inspected.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,658 Posts
Are you talking about oil pressure and not oil level?????

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,027 Posts
I turned it off and left it for half an hour however the result was the same
That comment and the subject line suggests to me that its level - it could be a bad injector and fuel getting into the sump.

Does the dipstick smell like fuel?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Eventually they had filled it from what it seems and it was almost 2 points from the indication f

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,027 Posts
Thanks guys. Eventually they had filled it from what it seems and it was almost 2 points from the indication f
What are you saying, that someone over filled it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What are you saying, that someone over filled it?
Exactly. When I took it for service, they put more than I should. I went back, they sucked the extra amount and everything was fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts