Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i am hoping someone can help.

I have an 03 sorento with 250,000 Kms on it. recently had timing belt, water pump, crank sensor, new plugs new wires and throttle body cleaned. The truck has been generally running great.

Recently when the engine is warm and in park it idles high between 2000 and 2500 rpm.

In drive at a stop with brakes applied its about 1100. if i am coasting and i put the engine in neutral the RPM's rhythmically bounce between 1500 and 2000.

My check engine light was on briefly about a month ago but is currently not on. I believe the code we got was P0507 (high idle)

I have extensively read topics about the TPS and the IAC on here. I have cleaned the IAC but nothing change.

I am in a position where i cannot consult a mechanic (due to location) for 4 to 6 weeks so i'm just trying to do some presearch :D

thank you in advance

·
Registered
I now drive a 2020 Ram Bighorn. Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,514 Posts
Try loosening the 2 10 mm bolts that hold the throttle cable until the throttle plate bottoms out. If it is not adjusted right it will cause a high idle. Just a thought.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. It seems to be adjusted correctly. This issue only happens when the temperature outside is above about 13 or 14 degrees celsius. if its below that even extended driving doesn't seem to bring it on.

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,845 Posts
Have you found an answer to your high RPM problem yet? I have the same exact problem with the P0507 code and I don't know what to do to resolve it.
Likely causes for that code:

1) vacuum leak Leaking air intake after the throttle body
2) EGR valve leaking vacuum
3) faulty positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve
4) Damaged/failed/dirty throttle body
5) Failed EVAP system Failed IAC (idle air controller)
6) faulty IAC circuit or sticky IAC valve (cleaning with carb cleaner usually resolves this)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts