Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
okay guys i have a problem with this damn car i just rebuilt the motor after the timing belt put a valve through the piston, whole new bottom end pistons crank everything and a remanufactured head. got everything back together and it would not idle so I replaced the tps brand new and got a new ecu just in case now it idles high but not all the time. When i first start it it's just fine idles at about 900 to 1000 which i stil think is high, but as soon as it warms up it idles at about 1800 to 2000 and i can figure it out any ideas? Its a 2004 4 cylinder automatic.Also there are no engine codes being thrown so what do i do?

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,110 Posts
okay guys i have a problem with this damn car i just rebuilt the motor after the timing belt put a valve through the piston, whole new bottom end pistons crank everything and a remanufactured head. got everything back together and it would not idle so I replaced the tps brand new and got a new ecu just in case now it idles high but not all the time. When i first start it it's just fine idles at about 900 to 1000 which i stil think is high, but as soon as it warms up it idles at about 1800 to 2000 and i can figure it out any ideas? Its a 2004 4 cylinder automatic.Also there are no engine codes being thrown so what do i do?
What about the idle speed control actuator (ISCA)? Its mounted by the TPS. I believe they have the same connector so I'm wondering if the connections are swapped (if thats possible). The ISCA and TPS both have 3 pins and have a blue and pink? wire for pins 1 and 2, respectively, but the TPS has black wire while the ISCA has a yellow/orange stripe wire for pin 3. You may have to remove the shroud around the wires to identify. I hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts