Kia Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Ford Taurus Centennial, 2009 Kia Borrego ExV8
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Borrego HIDs are in!

Well kinda. I spent last night putting them in. Took awhile because it is hard to get to the headlight and hook the wiring up because it is such a small spot to work with your hands. They looked great but the bulb on the passenger side flickers constantly. So after a lot of hard work and initial enthusiam I was met with disappointment. I am going to return the bulbs for some new ones. I hope I can have the HID project finally done early next week.

Btw, I went with a 6,000K bulb from Xentec

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Optima 2.4 EX, 2005 Yamaha R1 (street) 2001 GSXR 1000 (track)
1,018 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
2018 Sportage SX | 2009 Borrego EX (gone)
205 Posts
oh man, sorry to her about the bulb flicker. congrats on getting them done though!

·
Registered
2003 Ford Taurus Centennial, 2009 Kia Borrego ExV8
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
oh man, sorry to her about the bulb flicker. congrats on getting them done though!
Thank you. It looks good. I just gotta send the bulb back and get a new one. Hopefully they will be "officially" in the Borrego by mid next week

·
Registered
2009 Borrego
233 Posts
I ordered 6K HIDs with a slim ballast. Hopefully they will be here Friday or Saturday. I put the 10K on my grandma's Fusion and she loves them. Yay for HIDs. :cool:
Grandma get any tickets yet? 10K must be pretty purplish? I'd be highbeaming her every time she'd drive by..

·
Super Moderator
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,807 Posts
I hope you will not got any further than 6k K which is already pretty bluish...
Of course, your choice, but you would be ticketed.

As for flicker - swap ballasts, change location of ballast. These two things will narrow down the problem.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts