1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio Tech
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey

So I bought a Phillips H7 6000k HID Kit for my Rio... The standard bulbs are H7
I've wired the kit up and it works no problem, my problem is fitting the actual bulb in the housing since the black plastic piece is what holds the globe in place and the HID bulb doesn't fit.
Hey

I have a 2012 Kia Rio Tech (S.African model) its like the SX in the States...
It has projection headlights with LED DRL's.

Here are some pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio Tech
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah sorry - the internet is being super glitchy... they're projection headlights . It's a 2012 Rio with LED DRL's. I edited this post with more pics but nothing will load so I'm on my phone now

·
Registered
KIA Rio 1.4 CVVT 6MT/ 7" NAV/ 17"/ Leather/ Electric blue
35 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio Tech
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply :)
I don't want to modify the existing bracket... I will rather buy a spare one from Kia and modify that one.
Thanks

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio Tech
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi could anyone tell me the part number of that black plastic clip where the yellow cables came which held the original halogen bulbs ? i Had to cut them to make the HID bulbs fit but i want the original parts again.
I went to KIA and they told me i need a whole new lighting wiring harness... that doesn't make sense because this cable is built into the headlight and the headlight case then has a separate plug... any help would be appreciated. :)

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio Tech
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah ok - can i message you on facebook ?
Its part of the headlight assembly if im not mistaken...

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,805 Posts
the black plastic piece is what holds the globe in place and the HID bulb doesn't fit.
the plastic part has dual function - it lock the light bulb and acts as a connector as well.
Because of the latter, you will not be able to secure the HID lamp.

Take a shot of the socket on the headlight. And more shots of the connector. Maybe there is some solution.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio Tech
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My thing is i have cut that piece to install the xenons - they worked perfectly but now i want to revert it to stock but i cant put the stock halogens in because i broke the connector/clip
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,805 Posts
so get a replacement one... simply buy a connector that will do the job and cut it. This will leave the OEM (on the car) intact what will allow for quick reversal to stock condition.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts