Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i have problem with my hid foglight on my sorento 2012. as i can read on this forum, a relay harness will solve my problem, where can i buy this relay harness for sorento 2012 foglight? thanks

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
anywhere even ebay.. depending on your bulb.. fill your profile so we know what you are drivin and which bulb you need

i know this is not related to your question, but i have to tell you something, you dont need to put hids on your foglight.. the reason why is it is very glaring.. it might not look like it inside the vehicle.. have you seen trucks with hids on the opposing lane and has hid on foglight? does it looks like a high beam on your face? yes it does.. so thats why i have leds in them.. halogen is the best one for foglight if you want usable light.. mine is just for accenting and noting that the vehicle is a higher platform..

but if ever you want to put hids, please do a retrofit in them.. put small hid projectors instead so they have a cut-off line to prevent unwanted glare here are some samples of hid in foglight with projector..

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
see how they have a cut-off? hid's are very very bright that is why there is special optics for them its worst on a reflector.. seeing some civics with hid around without projector is irritating to the eyes isn't it? how much more on a foglight with hid? look up blazer fog lights and put them on your sorento if you really want hids.. its more on the safety side and better usable light.. i have done this mistake before and i advice you not to do it...

you dont want to be like this do you?

im just saying.. if you want your fog light to be turned on while driving around.. put leds instead, again, no usable light mainly for looks and knowing the incoming is a truck/suv

1 - 4 of 4 Posts