Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, bought a new Spec5 last month. I love the new car! Besides KFX who has performance parts for the Spec5? What would be a good radio that would fit as a replacement for the stock radio? thanks.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Welcome to the site. KFX is the only site that I know of that has performance parts for it. And about repacing the stock radio when I replaced mine in my Sorento I went to crutchfield.com, typed in my year, make and model and up came the headunits that would fit in it. Many choices and a large price range. I personally like Pioneer but there are also many other good brands out there. Enjoy your stay here. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
You can put in any deck you'd like - there are simple connectors you can buy for $10 that let you use the factory wiring harness. I just put a nice Sony deck with XM tuner in my Spectra5, I keep meaning to post pics of it here... The silver bezel that goes around the whole dash console is a real b**ch to get out.... there are six clips (three on each side) that hold it in, and it's REALLY tight. Use something plastic to pry it out with or you will damage the finish, and once you have it open it's got so much room to do pretty much anything you'd ever want in there. I get the feeling they figured people would want to replace the whole console with custom ones, because they sure made it simple to replace.....

Devin

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage
67 Posts
Pinchy's right, you can put most any deck in there of your brand preference. Shop around though definitely, surprisingly, even local specialty audio shops carry the same products you can see online with cheaper price tags. Also, do your homework. Check out the various features of the head units and see which ones you can make use of and which you won't. For instance, there's no use in buying a head with a built in xm tuner if you never intend to use it. Stuff like that. It'll save you from wanting to drop a rather good chunk of change down the road. I've got an alpine head unit and am fairly satisfied with it!

OH and just to re-iterate what pinchy said. BUY THE HARNESS! :grin: It's the easiest route both for install and for if you want to change units down the road.

·
Registered
94 Posts
GE, which Alpine did you get? This is the Sony I got:

http://sm.crutchfield.com/S-D2THA98vJ9j/cg...00&I=158CDXM881

I REALLY wanted the Clarion with the nice touch screen since it was only $100 more, but it only supports Sirius and I have way too much XM equipment to switch now. :p

...I paid $399 CDN for it, so it was a heck of a lot cheaper than Crutchfield - and I got it locally to boot. Like you said, the local shops can have some pretty good deals.

Devin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts