Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new here because I couldn't find this answer anywhere i looked online.

I have a 2014 Kia Sorento and BOTH of the key fob flip keys are sticking, one worse than the other where it almost doesn't come out at all. Does anyone know a fix to this or a way to open them up to clean them? they're probably just dirty (i got the car used) so the mechanism needs to be cleaned out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The roll pin that holds the actual key to the pivot inside the keyfob works its way out, Force the key open and hold it about halfway and you'll see the roll pin, force that back in flush. If it keeps happening (It did to me) i put a drop of lock tight on it and its been fine since. The roll pin digs into the plastic of the key fob and keeps it from freely moving. hope this helps

·
Registered
KIA Sorento 2014 AWD 2.4L GDI
3 Posts
Been there, fixed that

I found that there is a little pin close to the end where the key pivots. This pin is visible when the key is open. My pin had moved out causing it to catch. Finding something to drive that pin back to a neutral position - not sticking out either side - did the trick

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sportage
1 Posts
Guess I missed the RED warning. I put a couple of drops of WD40 on an old toothbrush and used that to brush the key when it wouldn’t pop out. Two years later, still pops open. I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again, but I wouldn’t soak it in WD40. Better than taking it all apart and much faster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts