Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego LX 4WD, 2009 Kia Sedona LX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.. members, I just bought 2009 4wd 3.8L Back Borrego LX with Leather seats. It has 35000 miles on and it seems very nice truck. I like it very much so far but still miss my old truck (2007 FJ cruiser).:lol:
I just realize there is no service needed for trasmission fluid for 100000 miles. Is that true? Even Toyota said FJ doesn't need to service the fluid for life time of the vehicle,but the owners found the way to flush the transmission and they are doing it every 40k to 60k miles. Is there DIY way of doing transmission fluid change?
I am trying to change least font and rear differential oil change today since I bought second hand vehicle. Is it hard to do the front differential oil change?

It was too long for to say hello to you.
look foward to see a lot of good infos about Borrego here. :)

·
Premium Member
2009 Borrego
320 Posts
Only the V8 is sealed transmission with lifetime fluid. The V6 has inspection ports on both sides and it is possible to drain and fill yourself. The fluid costs about $10 a quart. I would recommend a transmission flush however. It does cost more ($175 from dealer) but you're doing a complete fluid exchange. I have 2wd and can only tell you that rear diff oil is super easy. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new Borrego.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego LX 4WD, 2009 Kia Sedona LX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the info smuook. Did you do the tranny flush by yuourself or had dealer to do it?

Sent from my LG-LG855 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
2009 Borrego
320 Posts
I went to dealer. I wanted to make sure it was done right and I could point the finger at the dealer if I had problems later.

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
I went to dealer. I wanted to make sure it was done right and I could point the finger at the dealer if I had problems later.
Same here. I had mine done around 20k at the same time I had the differentials done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts