Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just bought a silver 2008 Rondo v6, 3 row, with 161,000km on it, looking forward to learning from the folks on this board.

My wife and I have 3 kids (10, 8 , 0), and a 2012 Caravan we will use most of the time for family travel. I had a 2008 civic with 5 speed manual (oddly with almost exact same mileage), but my wife wouldn't learn to drive stick so I sold it and got the Rondo. Was getting hard to borrow the van for hauling stuff when she was now trapped at home with three kids.

Chose the rondo for the combination of versatility (hold 7 when needed), perceived reliability, and not-too-bad fuel economy. Had been looking for the i4 instead of a v6 for better fuel economy, but found a good deal and decided the difference in fuel economy wasnt that bad. v6 should be a bit smoother/quieter on my 1hr commute as well.

I pick it up in two days. Already ordered myself a 7" android stereo to replace the factory one. I wanted to have bluetooth and navigation built in. Will also wire up a rear view camera into it.

So, "Hi!" to everyone.

·
Super Moderator
6,854 Posts
Welcome to kia-forums !
I hope you find the information you are looking for and make some friends here as well...
Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up my Rondo today, drives nice and I think I will enjoy this vehicle. While I was waiting for the dealer to got the registration transferred, I installed a new head unit, and android-based one with a trim kit to match the Rondo. Works well.
I mounted the GPS antenna behind the clock, and the Wi-Fi antenna below the HVAC controls.
I have my magnetic Mount cell phone charger to the left of the radio.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts