Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Soul 1.6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

my name is Thommy and I own a 2012 Soul 1.6 with some modifications in Cuenca, Ecuador.

The modifications that I have done to the Soul are:
- Custom exhaust including headers, Kat removement and Silencers. The end tip is like the original - not visible from the back. The mod was done for technical reasons, not to increase noise. As I live on 2500m above sea level (almost 8000 feet), the engine had a hard time pushing the air out of the original exhaust. Now it breathes more easily.
- K&N filter (drop into original box). Same reason as above. Once there is a cold air intake pipe available here, I will fit that.
- New tyres and rims 215/60/16. For me the perfect size. No scrabbing, now 100% accurate speed reading (first time ever in a car that I own) and looks great.
- Still awaiting: Harder shock absorbers for the back wheels. The original ones are shockingly bad and make the car very wobbly on the bad roads here in Ecuador.

Here is a pic:

I registered because I was reading a lot here on the tyre dimensions and I think I can add some to that discussion. So, see you around here :)

Regards
Thommy

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,928 Posts
Thommy..
Welcome to kia-forums!
We are slowly getting more and more members from Central and South America and welcome the addition to our "mix" of KIA owners through out the globe.
Your Soul must be pretty noisy with out mufflers.
Dave

·
Registered
2012 Soul 1.6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your Soul must be pretty noisy with out mufflers.
Ups, badly written... The car has 2 replacement mufflers and is only slightly more noisy that original. Since I am not 20 any more, I didnt want to have a "sport sound exhaust", just a "sports exhaust". ;)

Regarding the South Americans... I am actually German, living in Ecuador. BUT there are a lot of Kias here, the only problem is that most people here don't speak (worse write) English...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts