Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, how are you?
I'm from Costa Rica, so my english it is not good.

I have a Sorento 2004, 3.5 v6, and have the same problem as few people here, when the car is hot, it starts quick, but when the car have more than 1 hour its really hard to start, but, when i let my car stay in the garage for 2 days and then i go to start it, it start quick with no problem. i hope you understand what i'm traying to say, and i hope you can helpme to find what is the problem with it.
Thankyou so much.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento EX
402 Posts
Welcome,

Your English is good and clear, however you need to give out more information such as:

> Millage/Kilometers on your odometer.
> How long a ago did you do your major maintenance.
> Last time you changed your Fuel Filter.
> After you manage to start the car when it's hot, does the engine shake soon after the start.
> After a hot start, does smoke come out of the exhaust and what color it is.
> Did you notice this problem after you started filling at another petrol station.
> Anything else that you noticed abnormal since this problem started.

Regards,

·
Registered
2006 3.5 Sorento 4x4
1,047 Posts
bad starting for some people has been caused by the crank positon sensor ...thats on the left hand camshaft drive wheel and is accessible by removing a cover top left of engine ...you can change in 20 min ..cost I am not sure ...see the on line service manual .

Could be a fueling problem ...access to filter is under the rear right hand seat .....
RULES OF KIA OWNERSHIP
1...Unplug the butterfly system.. get your recall done on this one
2.. dont over tighten the aux belts or you will break the crankshaft bolt..get your recall on this

..your english is fine easier to understand than 04 sorento LX !!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bad starting for some people has been caused by the crank positon sensor ...thats on the left hand camshaft drive wheel and is accessible by removing a cover top left of engine ...you can change in 20 min ..cost I am not sure ...see the on line service manual .

Could be a fueling problem ...access to filter is under the rear right hand seat .....
RULES OF KIA OWNERSHIP
1...Unplug the butterfly system.. get your recall done on this one
2.. dont over tighten the aux belts or you will break the crankshaft bolt..get your recall on this

..your english is fine easier to understand than 04 sorento LX !!!

if this sensor would be bad, could be detected by the scanner? because I took it to scan and not showed any problems.
thanks for the comments about my English, I am glad to hear that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome,

Your English is good and clear, however you need to give out more information such as:

> Millage/Kilometers on your odometer.
> How long a ago did you do your major maintenance.
> Last time you changed your Fuel Filter.
> After you manage to start the car when it's hot, does the engine shake soon after the start.
> After a hot start, does smoke come out of the exhaust and what color it is.
> Did you notice this problem after you started filling at another petrol station.
> Anything else that you noticed abnormal since this problem started.

Regards,
39k miles
-
2k miles or 2 months ago.
yes it shakes a little
when i start the car after 2 days park in home, it throw white smoke for the exhaust, but at least it starts quick with no problem. but the in the other hand, when i start it 1 or 2 hours after shutitdown, it's really hard to start.
thank all of you, for your help.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento EX
402 Posts
If this problem started after your last maintenance two months ago, then your car has been mistuned during that service. Take it back and let them sort it out.

Otherwise, i would first look at the fuel filter first.

·
Registered
2006 3.5 Sorento 4x4
1,047 Posts
You carnt tune a car with a computer ..no carbs ,no ignition timing or valve clearances to adjust .....the white smoke is probably water vapour and occures often in a colder climate though check your radiator water bottle is not slowly droping .....not sure if the cam sensor shows a mil light ..there are other posts on this but yes check the filter in the fuel tank...punch a hole in it if it looks blocked and if that cures it change the filter or fit an in line one you can get at easy.
By the way Areif what the cost of petrol where you are ..I understand its 15c a litre in Saudi (60c a us gallon for you tanks ) its $1.45 litre here in australia thats $5.50 a us gallon

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento EX
402 Posts
Petrol in Abu-Dhabi is not as cheap as Saudi so we pay 6.25 Dirhams or $1.6 US dollars for an Imperial Gallon. Which works out at $0.37 per liter.

Nearly 40% of cars are 4x4s

·
Registered
2010 SOUL + Auto (B2522),2010 Soul SPORT Limited Edition Stick (B2581)
2,878 Posts
You carnt tune a car with a computer ..no carbs ,no ignition timing or valve clearances to adjust .....the white smoke is probably water vapour and occures often in a colder climate though check your radiator water bottle is not slowly droping .....not sure if the cam sensor shows a mil light ..there are other posts on this but yes check the filter in the fuel tank...punch a hole in it if it looks blocked and if that cures it change the filter or fit an in line one you can get at easy.
By the way Areif what the cost of petrol where you are ..I understand its 15c a litre in Saudi (60c a us gallon for you tanks ) its $1.45 litre here in australia thats $5.50 a us gallon
You REALLY think I am going to let you get away with this one? Please do not even think so. The "you carnt tune a car with a computor" is so lame and stupid that is defies even a passing slam on you. Yet again you come forth with words form mount high and no, absolutly NONE! prefaceing. And those here that might not think fast enough to see you BS will take it and not think. And I hope not do damage in the future for it. You really are a class act pstn. And here I have been so low key as of late. Sad sad sad.

Two things
1) you can tune ANY car to some point if it has a computor and you have the algrythum keys. Not all cars can be tuned for all the same things and inputs. Hense the dealer software flashes would be impossible if you CARNT.
2) not all but many home and office computors weather tower or laptop can and will reprogram AKA (TUNE) any car if they have the proper program to do so on them.

So pick one version of how we all could have read your lame comment and YOUR WRONG period.

BTW Yes carbs are not, but INJECTORS are tuneable

BTW Some vechs if not all can have thier Ing timing rebalanced. Even COIL PACKS need triggers. And they can be manipultated.

BTW Do not tell a few of the worlds premier eng manufacturers (range rover not one of them) that thier electronic valve techoligy can not be possible. Many do in fact by accident (aka side benifit) have the capablitiy (some do use too) to adjust while running the VALVE CLEARENCE. Honda might be a case in point. And the ACURA NSX out of thier garages is one. The 3.0/3.2L acura eng did have variable valve timing. And it was not teh same as the Honda VTEC system in many ways. It had I recall or some one does electrionic soleiniods doing the work. Hense they can and do tighten up the cam to valve clearance on an ongoing basis.

So in closeing your WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
2006 3.5 Sorento 4x4
1,047 Posts
If this problem started after your last maintenance two months ago, then your car has been mistuned during that service.

My comment was a reference to the above ..no tuning is done during a normal service on a computer controlled car ...We all know that you can re map the computer re size injectors etc but thats not done in a service..

Why do you get so excited ??? What pills are you on ????

The words you are looking for are sorry sorry sorry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have changed the fuel pump assy, but the problem persists, less than before, but still.
What else can I do, the scanner dont shows codes, no engine light come out from my panel.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
My comment was a reference to the above ..no tuning is done during a normal service on a computer controlled car ...We all know that you can re map the computer re size injectors etc but thats not done in a service..

Why do you get so excited ??? What pills are you on ????

The words you are looking for are sorry sorry sorry
Ever hear of a dealer doing a Software Upgrade FLASH! during a normal service visit. I HAVE and so have a few others here dumb ass. Does NOT take long at all or all day. Careful how you rebutt this now too. You were warned. So have at it.
Again with you open your mouth and insert foot mode is the norm. And then try to justify it like this.

At least if we are going to engage in meaningful arguments. Think out your rebuttals for bugs first? You are like shooting ducks in a barrel right now.

·
Registered
2006 3.5 Sorento 4x4
1,047 Posts
jeftormo...if replacing the pump has helped have you had the fuel pressure checked?? there is a pressure regulator on the injector rail....check in the on line manual for details

As for 04 LX after a bit you just ignore him.....tuning ...flash upgrades to correct an error that might have affected some vehicles is not tuning

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
jeftormo...if replacing the pump has helped have you had the fuel pressure checked?? there is a pressure regulator on the injector rail....check in the on line manual for details

As for 04 LX after a bit you just ignore him.....tuning ...flash upgrades to correct an error that might have affected some vehicles is not tuning
LOL well foot in mouth here we go. Anyone can look up and understand the meaning of the words TUNE or TUNE-UP or TUNING. And when they do as most here I am sure know BUT you. They will find that yes indeed a Software Upgrade Flash can and is a form of tuning. It adjusts/deletes out/overrides the setting or what was set on the computor before that point. Keep them coming pistn. You pitch them up I will hit them out of the park.

Maybe you should sell the KIA and buy 1970 Eldorado with a 472 in it. That way you get to play all day and be happy TUNING your points and condensor and plugs gaps and big ole GM QUADRAJET Spead bore Carb. Okey Dokey?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

i'm trying to find it, but where should I look exactly?, one of those?

General Information
Engine Electrical System
Engine Mechanical System
Emission Control System
Fuel System
Suspension System
Driveshaft and axle
Brake System
Manual Transaxle System
Automatic Transaxle System
Clutch System
Steering System