Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2004 Spectra that I bought new in April 2004. The air conditioner and heater quit blowing for the first time in November. The dealership tried to tell me that the repairs wouldn't be covered under warranty since I actually kept things in the glove box. It ended up being a big hassle, but they did fix it under warranty. My airconditioner quitworking again about three weeks ago, while we were under a heat advisory. I took it on Thursday and picked it up that afternoon, they told me everything was fixed. It started blowing hot air on Sunday. I took it back first thing Monday morning. They had to order parts. It took a week to fix and no one wanted to give me a loaner car, they put my car back together for me to drive back and forth from work, since I live an hour from work. It was 110 degrees that day. I actually got physically sick on the way home. Finally after about a dozen phone calls and hours on hold with the "customer service" number they authorized a rental car on Wednesday. My air conditioner quit working again on Thursday (8/4) . They have to order another part, which if I am very lucky, will be here on Tuesday. I called the "customer service" number again on Thursday to see about another rental (it's still about 97 degrees here and I have heallth problems which make me sensitive to the heat). I had to wait until Friday afternoon for a decision; my request was denied. Theysaid air conditioning is not a big deal, and the car is over a year old and has 43,000 miles so they are not going to do anything.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
:00000732: to KIA-forums.com! :57:
Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your car, hopefully it will be taken care of soon!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sounds like my experiences with service on my 2002 Spectra that I recently traded away. My AC problems were some kind of linkage that they said must have been kicked. My question- why are parts exposed where they can be kicked? The warranty is a joke- there were several repairs they refused to cover including a broken hatch latch and a blown speaker.

What good is a warranty that won't be honored?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts