Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:57: Hi, I currently own a Freelander 1.8 petrol, a big caravan, small boat and a trailer. Have towed the caravan down to the south coast (UK) twice and got sick of the clutch fumes at every roundabout, not to mention 60MPH being the absolute max speed.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to go at 70MPH with the caravan, I just object to it taking an age to get there.
I looked around at many of the 4x4's available in the UK and have settled on a 2003 Sorento XS 2.5 diesel. I now have 7 days before the exchange, have test driven it twice, once round town and then motorway. I was extremely impressed with performance (and looks :grin: !!) on both runs, but have no towing experience.
Come on Sorento lovers, tell me I'm doing the right thing buying a Sorento given my towaholic tendancies :thumbsup:
I appreciate all inputs and will give you all my own opinion in a week's time
Cheers

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
44 Posts
WELCOME MATEY

Im in the UK too and take delivery of my used Sorrento XS this Friday :D :D

I too had a Freelander petrol.....bog o shite dropped to peices after 2 1/2 years! 3 exhausts, head gasket and the rear lockable storage bin filling with water!

have since spent 2 1/2 years in a top spec Audi A3 1.8T petrol...big rims, leather and all that!

I'm SO excited about getting my XS.....big car, looks great, drives well and its a bit 'out there'...

hope yours delivers for you to!

I have no experience towing with a Kia....but I have friends in Sedona's and one with a Sorrento...all of which say its great for the job

so....to get me out of an Audi and into a Kia....the brand 'issue' is changing...its now an acceptable purchase in brand consious Britian!

enjoy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Doesnt really matter what you buy after the Freelander- nothing else could be that bad.............. Howerver consider the following points..

1. The Sorento has probably one of the best build qulities for a midsize SUV- irrespective of price. It is as good as , if not better than the Lexus. It is perhaps even better than BMW.

2. The CRDI 2.5 engine is again one of the best around. It is not over stressed

3. Seemingly - there are no hidden vices with the Sorento They do hold hold their
prices whether diesel or petrol.

4. They tow exceptionally well . Mines a 3.5 v6 and tows boat+ trailer ( 2700 kgs) easily legally, and easily to 90 MPH.

5. There is the old saying ''you pay for what you get"/ Take it from me , as regards the Sorento- even if you paid twice as much- you would not have paid enough.

My comments refer to my own experiences with MY Sorento. it is a Dec. 2004 v6 LX running on LPG. I really wanted the diesel but dont regret the v6.
Incidently, welcom to the board. People here are prety good but suffer from writers cramp alot. Most people are Americans, and note the CRDI does not exist in the states.They are a very demanding lot ( the Americans)- and KIA have been very successful in selling the Sorento there- and that in itself speaks volumes. My only gripe is that the price in the USA is signficantly lower than Europe.. Post your experiences at a later date and if anybody starts slanging you off - just tell them..... "I can buy lots of other things with the money I saved with my sorento. I am also on www.rib.net which is a rib boat site. Look at the following equation. Am also writing under "eupa"

(purchase new Sorento)+ 2 x ( new) OB Yamaha 250 hp hpdi engines)= one new LR discovery. Incidently, traded in my Audi A6 for the Sorento.

Sincerely

Jonathan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts