Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 Optima that I absolutely wish I had never bought. It has been a problem since day 1 and has beeen to dealer so many times I gave up. Tried to trade it after 6 months and paying 17,000.00 for it and was offered 5000.00 trade in. So needless to say I am stuck with it and have seriously considered painting it lemon yellow and drive it around with KIA Lemon painted all over it.
I have to say it is a great car to drive when it runs right and it now has 60,000 miles on it and it quit running. It still looks like brand new went to 3 Kia dealers and tried to trade a few months ago. One offered 2500 for it and one offered nothing for it on trade.The other offered 2000.00 I still owe 10K on it.
So would I recomend Kia absolutely positively NOT.
If it was the best car in the world if it has no resale what good is it?
Ok sorry to rant on first post. Nice to meet ya'll. I am trying to put a timing belt on it and dealer wont give a copy of the page with the timing marks. Hows that for customer service.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems with your Optima. Sounds like you have a lemon because the Optima is accutually a really nice car. I have one and I know a few people that have them and we have no major issues with them. Good luck with it. Welcome to the site.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,115 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Seems this is the first negative feedback I read about Optima. I own one for 2 years. The only problem now is I got into trouble of not able to find another better car in terms of comfort, performance and reliability without paying at least 30%-50% more (except Sonata).

Re-sale value often represents only market perception than reality if you are familiar enough with cars.

Originally posted by mrcobra350@Feb 1 2005, 06:46 PM
I have an 01 Optima that I absolutely wish I had never bought. It has been a problem since day 1 and has beeen to dealer so many times I gave up. Tried to trade it after 6 months and paying 17,000.00 for it and was offered 5000.00 trade in. So needless to say I am stuck with it and have seriously considered painting it lemon yellow and drive it around with KIA Lemon painted all over it.
I have to say it is a great car to drive when it runs right and it now has 60,000 miles on it and it quit running. It still looks like brand new went to 3 Kia dealers and tried to trade a few months ago. One offered 2500 for it and one offered nothing for it on trade.The other offered 2000.00 I still owe 10K on it.
So would I recomend Kia absolutely positively NOT.
If it was the best car in the world if it has no resale what good is it?
Ok sorry to rant on first post. Nice to meet ya'll. I am trying to put a timing belt on it and dealer wont give a copy of the page with the timing marks. Hows that for customer service.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got it running again it was the crank sensor. Put new timing belt and balance shaft belt on it too. Finally found a dealer who has a service and parts dept that will help you. I am not crazy about there sales techniques but..
Kia of Greer in Greer ,SC. The parts and service dept were awesome.

Kia of Greenville run from them as fast as you can and hold on to your wallet as you run.
And hattee I been in the car business my whole life. I have never owned a car that retails for 18,000.00 be worth 5000.00 in 6 months.The dealer said he didnt even want it for 5000.00 because he couldnt give it away. He had one before and sold it at auction for 2500.00. A Optima with less than 15,000 miles and under a year old for 2500.00.. Scares me..

·
Registered
3 Posts
:angry:

Hello new member me too.
My God I thought I was reading my own story. My 01 Optima should have read Optima repairs 6k to be exact. What a junk from as you said the first day.
Windows , radio, gas door, timing belt,
trans, brakes, etc, etc it never ends.
I would never buy a junk like this again!!!

PS. I had the same problems with the Suzuki Side Kick. What trash these car are (STAY AWAY FROM THESE JUNKS)
OUR 100K MILE WARRENTY MENT NOTHING AND WE DID NOT EVEN HAVE THE CORRECT ENGINE IN THE CAR.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Originally posted by Las Vegas@Mar 6 2005, 05:34 PM
What trash these car are (STAY AWAY FROM THESE JUNKS)
Not all Optimas are that way. Mine is a great car. I know quite a few people with them and they all have had no issues with them. It is the same way with all vehicles. You will have quite a few good vehicles and then you will find someone running into a lemon. Sorry to hear about all of your issues.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dont you hate it when someone has problems and they straight away assume everybodies car will have the same problems... Porsche was in the bottom the in terms of reliability... Yes Kia beat them... and do you see people say DONT BUY THEN CAUSE THERE CRAP. Doesnt matter what brand of car you get someone will get a lemon, its just the nature of the industry just look at all the moving parts in a car. When it comes to internet Forums i have no respect for people who use there first post to post such rubbish.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't you hate it when someone with no life does nothing but post 17 times with nothing to say.

The fack is not even KIA dealers want their cars back. Try reading Auto reports on KIA and customer ratings before you make such comments about only one person has a lemmon. Learn to read and find the facks.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
NO!! It all comes down to you have a bad car. And your dealer must suck too! I have taken my Sorento back to the dealer for a few issues and they took care of them with no questions asked.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry to heard about it. As a first timer of KIA user, I would say Optima in general much better than what I've before in term of safety, sound proof, driving pleasure, etc..based on its price.

Buying a car sometime also depending on your luck even you have check around & ask around. 6 out of 10 units of new Camry obtained by my company last year also encountered some minor problems like the centre trim drop-off, safety belt jammed, etc, which we expected problem free based on the quality image & price that paid.

Anyhow, hope your issue could be solved...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mate you got a bad car simple as that it happens to many people, I could list heaps of sites with unhappy people and i guarentee its not just Kia owners, if Kia was so bad why are they the fastest growing Manufacturer in the World? If they were so bad why in Australia they have cracked into the 10 ten, if there were so many bad reviews on the Internet im sure in this era of technology people would see these "so called" reviews and not buy one... hmm which makes me wonder why did you bought one?.

And the fact i have 17 (now 18) posts means i must have had something to say. Im on my second Kia and are very happy with my decisions AND yes i read reviews on the internet good and the bad and i did get my FACKS right... and the major FACKed is that YOU yes YOU got a bad car not 04Sorento not me and not the majority of the people in this forum.. so take you sad sad story jump back in your car and literally push off, or if you would like i could always tow you :)

and what the heak is a FACK im assuming you meant FACT

·
Registered
3 Posts
FACK is slang for what I could not say.
However to answer you about KIA, the Dealer in Las Vegas that used to sale KIA now does NOT, MATE !!

This you may check for your self, why.

I would tell you what they said to me however call them and ask why they ran away from KIA after 4 years.

COURTESY
OLDSMOBILE
MAZDA
USED TO BE KIA
5800 WEST SAHARA
LAS VEGAS , NV 89146
702-221-8000
ASK FOR A SALESPERSON

·
Registered
51 Posts
I will surely grap if there is a 6 month old Optima selling at such 70% discount or a year old selling at 85% discount. Unfortunately can't find one here.

You must have driven it after fixing the sensor. So what's your price now since is that bad to you? I might have friend in Greenville who is interested.

Originally posted by mrcobra350@Feb 19 2005, 09:12 AM
Finally got it running again it was the crank sensor. Put new timing belt and balance shaft belt on it too. Finally found a dealer who has a service and parts dept that will help you. I am not crazy about there sales techniques but..
Kia of Greer in Greer ,SC. The parts and service dept were awesome.

Kia of Greenville run from them as fast as you can and hold on to your wallet as you run.
And hattee I been in the car business my whole life. I have never owned a car that retails for 18,000.00 be worth 5000.00 in 6 months.The dealer said he didnt even want it for 5000.00 because he couldnt give it away. He had one before and sold it at auction for 2500.00. A Optima with less than 15,000 miles and under a year old for 2500.00.. Scares me..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You are right Optima 04 every one can make a LEMON. But if they wont or cant make it right that is the difference between a good car company and KIA. My first post couldnt be a good one because I have very little good to say about KIA. They have done absolutely nothing to correct their mistake. I know there are a lot of good running ones out there. Go try and trade yours in and when they offer you 2500.00 for it and you owe 12,000 on it and see how happy you are.
A Honda may be priced higher but it has a great resale value. My son has a 95 civic with 196,000 miles on it and it still runs as good as the day it was new. And it is worth more right now than the Optima.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hatte
If you have a friend in Greenville who is willing to buy a 2500.00 car for 12,000.00. Please send him to me. I would love nothing more than to let someone else own this Kia.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to my world!! I'm in the same boat! If you can replace the timing belt yourself that is great because the dealership will want $450 for a $50 part and 1 hour of labor. Each sensor replacement will cost you $250 each so you my want to replace them yourself too. The headlights drive me crazy because they just keep going out. How could anyone say they love this car. I tell everyone I can to stay away from Kia products. What a lesson in life - huh?

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Originally posted by garnerg@Jun 27 2005, 05:46 PM
How could anyone say they love this car.
Its easy..........I love my Optima! Its been one of the best cars I have ever owned. All I have done is the oil changes every 3k miles and thats it. I put about 250 miles on it a week. Its great.
Sorry to hear about your problems with yours though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It does run and ride good, but repairs are extremely expensive. I change my oil once a month because I live 120 miles from work (one way). I have never been to the shop (other than oil change) where the charge was under $250. I have over 140,000 miles now but they are all hightway miles. You wait, the sensors will fail and you will experience the pain of high repair costs. This car truly has no resale value so when you go to trade it, you will also bare the pain of extremely low resale value. I hope you have better luck then I have :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts