Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[email protected]

:gunsmilie: Okay so here it goes, My name is Tiffany I am 15 years old and Live in Bracebridge, Muskoka, Ontario and I am trying to get some kind of help on behalf of my Hungarian grandparents/Gaurdiens who do not speak fluent English. Last December we bought a 2004 kia sorento(Green) Thinking it would be a very good car, soon out we found out the front lightbulbs kept burning out, later on the engine light flashed{On and off} and the car started to jerk a little bit. We took the car in at 92,000 kms and said something was wrong, they said don't worry the light is turning on for no reason. They said nothing was wrong with our engine...then we took it back at 110,000 kms..((we travel alot)) and got everything checked because the car was stalling more and more often. They figured out a piece of bar had broken in the engine and the whole engine needed to be taken out and replaced{after the warranty on the engine expired at 100,000kms} :angry: We have been without a car for 13 days now and Kia keeps promising things are getting fixed, they wouldnt give us a car to use in the meantime. Well they were nice enough to pay for the engine, but they want us to pay for all the mechanical work and the clutch, which will cost about 2,000 dollars. On top of that my grandmother tried the car today and told me it is still shaky, engine rattling and the car does not feel any better. We do not know what to do since we need a car and we do not want to go and buy another new car after purchasing this one at 40,000 dollars. I need some help if you can give me any guidance in what to do..please tell me..Thankyou very much Tiffany

·
Registered
2005 Sorento ex v6 automatic
536 Posts
"a piece of bar " could this be the infamous intake plenum "clip" when it breaks it gets sucked into one of the engine cylinders and destroys the enging, if so i have not heard of a KIA recal for this "not so rare problem" 3.5 ltr v6 engine

maybe to recall them would be too costly. my clip broke at 4700 miles and they replaced the engine

if the check engine lite comes on it should be a stored code and there is something wrong !

i think you need to go back to the dealer and ask what the stored code was

i have had my share of dealer incompentency "training costs are up front money and is not recoped at the end of the month" so it is done very little.... i know i have been a mechanic all my life and a trainer and was given little or no buget to work with, also some mechanics are not "the sharpest kinves in the drawer" although there are some good deadicated ones that care about doing a good job

getting back to your grandparents blown engine...if it was a broken intake plenum clip that caused the engine damage, all thing considered kia knowing about this problen i think they should pay for parts an labor

it is not uncommon for componets to fail at your milage that would turn on the engine lite

i have heard and read that if the check engine lite comes on then goes off and the engine seems to run fine it is normal...well i have a problem with that, something needs repaired. especialy if when it comes on the engine does not run properly

·
Registered
68 Posts
It seems to me Tiffany that you just might have to eat the cost of the labor involved since the warranty had elapsed, but if I were you I would go down there (To the dealership) and plead me case out. Make sure you emphasis the fact that you or your grandparents/Guardians have had the same issues before the warranty was up and that they (The dealership) said nothing was wrong with it, and you feel that they should take care of everything. Remember cool heads prevail. Good luck with it. Lets know what happens.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts