Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I am new here so Hello...I need to repair my rear seatbelt anchor on a 2003 Carens...Is the Passenger side (UK)Left side..I have to replace it..Is it in 2 parts,or is it a double up of the other side...On Inspection,it seams to be attached to the back of the seat...Do I have to take out the seat to fix...Many thanks for your replies in advance..Regards..Kev

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,I am new here so Hello...I need to repair my rear seatbelt anchor on a 2003 Carens...Is the Passenger side (UK)Left side..I have to replace it..Is it in 2 parts,or is it a double up of the other side...On Inspection,it seams to be attached to the back of the seat...Do I have to take out the seat to fix...Many thanks for your replies in advance..Regards..Kev
I have actually done this, on a UK 2003 Carens, although it was on the drivers side, and ideally I could have done with replacing the center seatbelt anchor, but couldn't manage to find one at the time.

I don't have the car any more, though, so this will be from memory - and truth be told I actually replaced the entire seatbelt - and the actual main part of the seatbelt was a nightmare in terms of removing the trim where it anchors.

The seatbelt anchors / sockets, though - from memory - are reasonably easy. Don't the squabs of the seats tilt forward? If remove all the seat stuff (base) and unbolt the frame, those bits are relatively easy - it's not actually that time consuming to do that bit.

The main seatbelt units attaching near the C pillars are truly a pain, but the bits you're talking about (from memory) are perfectly accessible if you remove the seats - and that seemed to be fairly easy. There's some plastic covers underneath them that are easy to remove (one or two screws) then I think you can access the bolts that hold the frame in place. You probably only really need to move the main frame / seats rather than totally remove them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts