Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
corvette 1992, Kia Rio 2013
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I and new to this forum, and old hand in other car forums, I am semi retired from LA (that Kailfornia) worked in the transit area in LA in the alternative fuel dept there, I was also at one very short time as a USAC official, CRA offical, and other race organizations. Now I have cut back most of this stuff and work for fun....( yeah really)
We got a 2013 Rio to replace a Chrysler PT cruiser, this Rio is very Hi-tech compared to the PT.
I love these forums as they are good way to compare notes and have some fun also. Ill be lurking and posting along the way!

Les

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
Les...
I love your "sig"...Was the "K" in Kalifornia on purpose? (like Amerika??).
Sit back...kick off your shoes...and enjoy the forum!
We're here...even though we may not respond quickly..

You said "Now I have cut back most of this stuff and work for fun....( yeah really)"

Yea...I'm in forced retirement..I'm an electronic tech that has worked in consumer/business/industrial electronics until the "jobs" went away. At 63 they won't even consider me for a job... I'm a kid at heart and don't mind getting my back sore or my hands dirty... Got my kids/friends/ neighbors to take care of though.
Take a look at "ericthecarguy.com" if you want to brush up on the Asian car maintainence... I'm always watching his "videos". He's a nice guy with a sense of humor...
See ya later... here
Dave

·
Registered
corvette 1992, Kia Rio 2013
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I just hit 61 and any real "good jobs are non existing, and yes as a ex left coaster and I do poke a lot of fun at my left coast family and friends. I used to be a dealer mechanic , fleet mechanic before both rotator cuffs were injured, so I dont do as much being a mechanic as it too painful, but thats another story.

·
Registered
2012 Cerato/Forte Hatch SI
184 Posts
Love that very American "Hey Y'all":D So I'll be a real Aussie and say "G'Day Mate" and welcome to the Forum!!!:D While we are talking age, I'm also an old bloke (66) and still working full-time as a bus driver doing route work. Keeps the old grey matter alive!!!;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts