Kia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows it goin? Just got an 01 Kia Spectra, Red, 5spd GSX. Bought it to be my daily driver / commuter car. Overall, very neat car. Good for those times when I need more than 2 seats, or to go to Manhattan with my buddies.

This post is meant as a feeler.. I may be interested in selling the car, for say a subaru or the like. I really do need something AWD, as we get some pretty nasty winters in NYC.

So in good condition, 72,000 miles, new tires and belts.. new radio and 4 speakers installed, what do you guys think I could get? Anyone interested in a sporty lookin 5MT Spectra?

I'll have pics tomorrow, its dark now!

:beer:

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Welcome to the site.
Not sure what you could get for it at the moment. I will do some research though. When you go to post some pics of it put them in the Classified For sale forum so that way if someone is looking for a car they will see the pics.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
:00000732: to KIA-forums.com! :57:
If you're selling your car then please post a message in the spectra forum and forsale forum. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
You don't need AWD for driving in the winter. Just a good set of tires or snow tires are good enough, and besides Subarus have crappy gas mileage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
And besides, a guy owns a WRX took a test drive in a '02 Sportage at the dealership I work at!
If you want sell your spectra get a '05 Spectra or a Spectra5. They are an amazing car to drive,**** you wouldn't even think it is a Kia.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, thanks for the info guys. I'll get a few pics up and post them in the correct forums. The car seems like somethin with tuning potential. Mileage in the streets is great too, highway, ehh.. 5th seems a bit too short. Neat car tho..

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Nice! Glad to see that you're happy with it! And I've noticed tha tyou have an 04 Nissan 350Z? pictures! Gotta have pictures! :57:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only area of damage on the car, some Asian guy in a Camry hit me one night.. of course no damage on his Camry..

I may fix that before I sell, we'll see. Car has new tires, that you can probably see if ya zoom into the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by ahfrederick@Aug 18 2005, 08:48 PM
NICE! Looks great! :thumbsup:
What have you done with the 350Z? and why did you choose that over the Infinity G35 Coupe?

So far not too much, front lip, Alpine deck, CAI and grounding kit to get rid of the uneven idle these cars have for some reason. I've got a set of side skirts being painted also. As far as show, I'm done. For go, I'm savin for a TT setup, shootin at around 400whp. Thats enough for me :thumbsup:

Got the Z over the G coupe initially because of cost, when I got the car money was a stretch, I was just outta college and stuff. But now that I look at it, the Z is more sporty, a true 2-seater 6MT RWD sports car. So I'm happy how it turned out!

Thanks for asking, love the compliments! :beer:

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Originally posted by Jetpilot718@Aug 20 2005, 08:31 PM
So far not too much, front lip, Alpine deck, CAI and grounding kit to get rid of the uneven idle these cars have for some reason. I've got a set of side skirts being painted also. As far as show, I'm done. For go, I'm savin for a TT setup, shootin at around 400whp. Thats enough for me :thumbsup:

Got the Z over the G coupe initially because of cost, when I got the car money was a stretch, I was just outta college and stuff. But now that I look at it, the Z is more sporty, a true 2-seater 6MT RWD sports car. So I'm happy how it turned out!

Thanks for asking, love the compliments! :beer:
NICE! Well then glad to see that you're happy with it! That's all that matters! :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts