Kia Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· Registered
2023 Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
47 Posts
Finally picked my PHEV up yesterday! Went to Pittsburgh to buy it and drove it home 4 hours to Cincinnati. Now it is tucked in the garage charging overnight. It is an amazing vehicle. Dealer did not charge it, so when I left for the long drive home, battery was depleted down to zero EV miles - hybrid only. Mileage landed around 25 MPG both car calculated and hand calculated running the interstate at close to 80MPH. That is not great compared to where I feel it should be, but it is brand-new and I think I will need to take a few longer trips to see where it will land over the long haul. This was kind of a worse-case scenario with the speeds, temperatures, and the break-in period.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
828 Posts
Finally picked my PHEV up yesterday! Went to Pittsburgh to buy it and drove it home 4 hours to Cincinnati. Now it is tucked in the garage charging overnight. It is an amazing vehicle. Dealer did not charge it, so when I left for the long drive home, battery was depleted down to zero EV miles - hybrid only. Mileage landed around 25 MPG both car calculated and hand calculated running the interstate at close to 80MPH. That is not great compared to where I feel it should be, but it is brand-new and I think I will need to take a few longer trips to see where it will land over the long haul. This was kind of a worse-case scenario with the speeds, temperatures, and the break-in period.

View attachment 127463
View attachment 127462
Man, I am loving that color

· Registered
2023 Sportage HEV EX on order
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

View attachment 127463
View attachment 127462
I took delivery of my Hybrid EX this past week also!

Loving it so far!

Mileage wise I believe 37 on the highway is possible if your very conscious about how your driving the car, as soon as you go above 60mph it’s simply not possible. But at 58 or 59 I believe getting 37 is possible. So far just over 300 miles in!

· Registered
47 Posts
Interesting comment from the salesperson where I purchased the PHEV on Saturday. Obviously, take this with a grain of salt. They said that the reason KIA deliveries were being held near the end of the year is because KIA had met their sales goals and Hyundai had not, so they prioritized Hyundai deliveries over KIA ones. The dealer received two deliveries on Friday and Saturday, which supposedly never happens. I tend to not believe those kinds of sales comments, but who knows for sure what the hold up has been.

· Registered
2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
508 Posts
Yeah, I am not buying that rationale for holding vehicles back. Hyundai has consistently outsold Kia in the US market. Maybe one of the reasons is because of the disappearance of the federal rebates in the US for Kia/Hyundai EV's. No one but corporate really knows.

· Registered
828 Posts
Interesting comment from the salesperson where I purchased the PHEV on Saturday. Obviously, take this with a grain of salt. They said that the reason KIA deliveries were being held near the end of the year is because KIA had met their sales goals and Hyundai had not, so they prioritized Hyundai deliveries over KIA ones. The dealer received two deliveries on Friday and Saturday, which supposedly never happens. I tend to not believe those kinds of sales comments, but who knows for sure what the hold up has been.
That actually is partly true. Kia did meet their sales goals faster than Hyundai, and it IS true that Hyundai deliveries were being prioritized. With finite number of rail and trucks, There is only a number of vehicles that can be transported in one day. Not sure how the sales person got that bit of information though.

· Registered
47 Posts
I will mention again that if you are looking for an HEV or a PHEV, get on cars.com, cargurus, etc. and search in your region now. There seems to have been a bunch that finally got out of port, at least on the east coast. Call the dealers first to verify that they have the vehicle or if it is coming in soon. Ask if someone has their name on it or if it is available. If it is not available, ask if they have any others coming in soon. I only landed the PHEV I got because the salesperson on the line checked to see if anything else was coming in and they had one incoming that I put my name on. If you are waiting on an "ordered unit," keep shopping around. That unit may be months out due to dealer allocations.

· Registered
828 Posts
There were also embargoes put in place at a few rail yards due to overload of shipments arriving at those yards, and they were just released for most of them, so we should see more vehicles getting delivered.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts