Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
2023 Sportage HEV EX on order
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering what kind of shipping delays everyone has been experiencing for HEV’s? In my case I placed my order in august received a vin and delivery date in November for delivery early December. Last week was informed it has been in the port but hasn't left yet, and delivery had been delayed to end of December. we have now been informed the estimated delivery has rolled a Further two weeks.

I guess i was wondering what everyone else has been expieriencing, it seems such a shame that the vehicle has been sitting in the port for > than a month with no real estimate of when it will move.

The dealership has been nice and helpful, but they can’t get anymore information, than estimated delivery dates from Kia which seem to continuously roll back.

· Registered
2023 Sportage EX HEV
33 Posts
Hi I was wondering what kind of shipping delays everyone has been experiencing for HEV’s? In my case I placed my order in august received a vin and delivery date in November for delivery early December. Last week was informed it has been in the port but hasn't left yet, and delivery had been delayed to end of December. we have now been informed the estimated delivery has rolled a Further two weeks.

I guess i was wondering what everyone else has been experiencing, it seems such a shame that the vehicle has been sitting in the port for > than a month with no real estimate of when it will move.

The dealership has been nice and helpful, but they can’t get anymore information, than estimated delivery dates from Kia which seem to continuously roll back.
I'm in the same situation as you are.
Ordered 23 Sportage HEV on 7/5/2022
Got a VIN on 11/8/2022. Car was in Port in Philly.
Every time I call, the delivery date is pushed back another week. Has happened 7 times since November. Very frustrating !
I tell you, if the Ford Maverick had HEV and AWD in the same truck, I'd be buying that.

· Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the same situation as well. I ordered my car at the end of August and got my VIN number at the end of October. At the time, ETA was the end of November, but it was kept delayed, and the latest update changed it to early January.

· Registered
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid SX Prestige
119 Posts
My HEV said 11/28. It’s now 1/2. Will see..Forgot to add that it’s not an order. It was already in transit and I held it.
my dealer has like 4/5 hybrids sitting there
3sx, and one lx &ex

i wouldnt be waiting id hop on a flight or uber and drive it home lol

· Registered
2023 Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
45 Posts
My PHEV is still stuck in port. Arrived in Philly 10-28-22. Original delivery estimate was mid-November. It just keeps getting pushed out each week. Was 1-9-23, now 1-16-23.

· Registered
2023 Sportage EX HEV
33 Posts
I'm in the same situation as you are.
Ordered 23 Sportage HEV on 7/5/2022
Got a VIN on 11/8/2022. Car was in Port in Philly.
Every time I call, the delivery date is pushed back another week. Has happened 7 times since November. Very frustrating !
I tell you, if the Ford Maverick had HEV and AWD in the same truck, I'd be buying that.
Now my "Delivery Date" is 1/17/23 Over 6 months waiting.
I told the Salesman that it would be great if the car showed up by Spring. A bit of sarcasm there.

· Registered
45 Posts
It is rather weird because if it is a driver shortage, why are we seeing quite a few HEVs being delivered and even a handful of PHEVs? Shipments are happening. Perhaps certain routes are functioning and others are not. Still doesn't make sense because even my dealer has seen some hybrids delivered from Philly, but mine sits at port still. Makes me wonder about the other rumor that they shipped some missing some computer chips and they are held until the chips become available.

· Registered
2023 Sportage PHEV X-Line, 2022 Jeep 4XE Rubicon PHEV
62 Posts
my dealer has like 4/5 hybrids sitting there
3sx, and one lx &ex

i wouldnt be waiting id hop on a flight or uber and drive it home lol
I got the matte gray with red interior reserved. I couldn’t find another dealer with one, and especially at msrp. My issue is I locked a loan rate specifically for that car with my credit Union for 84 months at 3.3% and no payments for 90 days. So I’m sitting on the loan a few days now with the check. I figure if the car takes another month or 2, it’s still better than new rates that are more than double.

· Registered
45 Posts
Woohoo. Just got word the PHEV arrived at the dealership today. Needs to get inspected and prepped. Should be picking it up this weekend.
Congrats! Excited for anyone getting a PHEV delivered. Hopefully mine gets out of port soon.

· Registered
shopping for a 2023 Sportage Hybrid EX
16 Posts
Woohoo. Just got word the PHEV arrived at the dealership today. Needs to get inspected and prepped. Should be picking it up this weekend.
That's great news. I'm following this forum and the Rav4 Hybrid Forum, and it seems like there have been almost no deliveries of hybrids since November. I'm glad to hear that yours came in.

It's odd that it would sit at port for months. As expensive as these things are, you think that they would get unloaded before the air fryers and barbie dolls. Holiday shipping season is usually over by October. Something is fishy.

· Registered
823 Posts
That's great news. I'm following this forum and the Rav4 Hybrid Forum, and it seems like there have been almost no deliveries of hybrids since November. I'm glad to hear that yours came in.

It's odd that it would sit at port for months. As expensive as these things are, you think that they would get unloaded before the air fryers and barbie dolls. Holiday shipping season is usually over by October. Something is fishy.
Besides the shipping delays, there would be additional delays if you ordered PIO accessories, because they're installed at the port, and more delays if those accessory parts are lacking in supply.

· Registered
45 Posts
Besides the shipping delays, there would be additional delays if you ordered PIO accessories, because they're installed at the port, and more delays if those accessory parts are lacking in supply.
I was wondering about this as well due to the PIOs(port installed options) on my particular VIN. I did not order the vehicle, it was just one that was coming in to my dealer. It is absolutely bonkers how manufacturers can hold vehicles due to something as miniscule as all-weather mats being back-ordered(just an example).

· Registered
shopping for a 2023 Sportage Hybrid EX
16 Posts
I was wondering about this as well due to the PIOs(port installed options) on my particular VIN. I did not order the vehicle, it was just one that was coming in to my dealer. It is absolutely bonkers how manufacturers can hold vehicles due to something as miniscule as all-weather mats being back-ordered(just an example).
If this is the case, it doesn't even seem profitable to them. It can't be cheap to hold the big old car at the port. Even if they make 200 on the floor mats, the time value of 30K+ over a month should exceed that... yes if this is the case, Bonkers is the correct word.

· Registered
823 Posts
If this is the case, it doesn't even seem profitable to them. It can't be cheap to hold the big old car at the port. Even if they make 200 on the floor mats, the time value of 30K+ over a month should exceed that... yes if this is the case, Bonkers is the correct word.
If the delay is really long, they'll "convert" it to a DIO. But PIOs that require assembly, like sidesteps, auto mirrors, the wait will be longer before they either get converted to DIO or "decommitted" and sent without the PIOs installed.

· Registered
45 Posts
If the delay is really long, they'll "convert" it to a DIO. But PIOs that require assembly, like sidesteps, auto mirrors, the wait will be longer before they either get converted to DIO or "decommitted" and sent without the PIOs installed.
Good to know there is at least a process if they sit too long due to backordered PIO parts. That may make the argument that the delay is not PIO related. Do you know if KIA is actually adding these accessories on their own or if their presence confirms it was an "ordered" vehicle?

· Registered
823 Posts
Good to know there is at least a process if they sit too long due to backordered PIO parts. That may make the argument that the delay is not PIO related. Do you know if KIA is actually adding these accessories on their own or if their presence confirms it was an "ordered" vehicle?
I am almost 100% certain that no vehicles are actually made to order. They're made with some algorithm to optimize parts availability and production time, then they're allocated to a dealership. I am actually not sure how PIOs are assigned though.

· Registered
'23 Sportage HEV SX Prestige
130 Posts
I am actually not sure how PIOs are assigned though.
For the Hybrids/Korean-built, I think either from dealer allocation requests via KIA USA, or KIA USA itself picks. They're added here in the US, no? I think a dealer can also just request "anything"/first available. That way, PIO's in low supply won't delay delivery. Note also that the VIN's seem to be assigned and the window stickers printed after they are shipped and on a slow boat from Korea. The dealer needs to be assigned first, so that their address can be printed on the sticker. The magic happens during that allocation process. Which dealers get which cars?...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts