Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Sportage EX has 57,750 miles.
Recently I've noticed it hesitates when I attempt to start moving from a complete stop. Although if I'm already moving and push harder on the gas it doesn't seem to do it.
It idles ok etc.
Is this just a dirty fuel injector (if so, my non-mechanic :( son-in-law says I can pour something in the gas tank to clean it....true?) or something more costly?
Thanks so much--

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Spongebob......can I look for that under the hood or will the car need to be on a lift at a garage?

·
Registered
19 Posts
spongebob is correct. This happened to me when I replaced the air filter. I put the new filter in and the next day my wife told me the Sportage was jerking at low speeds. Test drove it and sure enough it did jerk.

I figured I did something wrong when I replaced the air filter. When I opened up the hood I did not get the intake tub correctly put on. There was a small gap but enough to make it run rough. Got it on right and it ran perfect. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2017 Sportage SX and 2015 Cadenza w/Luxury Pkg
1 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread but this just happened to me so thought I'd keep it relevant. Daughter's 05 Sportage LX with 95K suddenly started surging/jerking/hesitation from a hard stop. Quick check of the forums, and I'm out there at the vehicle next looking at the intake hose into the airbox. It looked OK but when I grabbed it there was a gap, and then I realized it was almost off. Shoved it back all the way on...problem solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts