Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me my daughters Kia Carens reversing sensors dont sound and we dont know where the sound box is to check it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
read my signature :)
This is not helpful at all. It seems like everytime someone ask for help, this is the first post you post to the newbie!

To society47: Sorry can't help you as North American Rondo/Caren do not have reverse sensor. Hopefully someone in your region can help you out.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,539 Posts
sorry but it does help, without this basic info, it makes it that much harder to answer peoples questions. Vehicles are not equipped the same worldwide (as you have stated), so in this case if we knew the country he was located, maybe somebody from that area might be able to help him much better with his problem, otherwise you are just making guesses that might be of no help or possible give wrong details.

If you phoned a garage would you expect them to help or quote you a repair without any details on your vehicle other than the model?

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul, 1.6hdi auto, in Mixx trim, White over Powder Blue
650 Posts
Budmelon has made 17 posts & still no info on his location or make/model, don't expect he needed much help!

I'm in the UK, if I was able to help society47 I would need to know several facts about his/her daughters Carens, year, exact model etc before I could offer an opinion or else I'd simply be offering a load of bs that probably would have him/her wasting a lot of time & effort.

If society47 cares to answer the polite & well informed request from a veteran member with over 4,600 posts I'll be happy to try my best to help with his/her daughters Carens problem.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-door, *old* 2009 Kia Rondo LX 4cyl 2.4L
492 Posts
If I could give conwelpic and Supacabby rep points on this forum, I would!

Only thing I can suggest to society47 is to check KGIS, if he/she has a model that is on there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Budmelon has made 17 posts & still no info on his location or make/model, don't expect he needed much help!

If society47 cares to answer the polite & well informed request from a veteran member with over 4,600 posts I'll be happy to try my best to help with his/her daughters Carens problem.
I never said conwelpic doesn't know what he's talking about. I've been on this forum for about 3 years now and all you "veterans" know what you are talking about and has more knowledge than I do. That's why I am not a post hog. I do not bulk up my post with one liner. I'll only step in if no one else know the answer and I happen to know.

I've been to other forums as well with "world" car and no one on those other forum scold you for not posting your specifics. Some people are not comfortable posting where they live.

You all can flame me all you want. I just don't like to be scolded before I can get some help and it has happened to me when I first joined this forum and that same mentality continues until this day because of some kind of pact you all formed when this forum first started out.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,539 Posts
You'll looking at this all wrong, I don't know where you get the idea we are scolding, its simply asking for basics to answer the question (and I also put a smiley too, which I would think would have emphasized that fact).

I can appreciate that some people are not comfortable posting where they live but we are not asking for street address, but your state/province is sufficient and you have indicated your in the US from your comment, so if not that at least state your in the USA and why is hiding your vehicle details such a problem - that is not personal details just helpful information for anyone reading this forum whether asking a question or looking for an answer.

I like to feel all my positing have relevance and I do not post things for sake of posting just to bring up my posting count.

Also my signature does say "Please" :)

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul, 1.6hdi auto, in Mixx trim, White over Powder Blue
650 Posts
How many models of Carens/Rondo are there? How many of those differ from country to country? No good me asking a question about a 2001 UK spec Carens to a USA resident with a 2013 Rondo is it?

Common sense to give as much info as possible to get the correct answer, simple as that.

PS: Thanks to Rev_Pizzaguy for the kind words.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts