Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what means when the hold light is on my board.
Can someone explain to me what this does mean?
Does somebody can help me to get an owner manual for free?
Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Axe Man@Nov 22 2004, 04:42 AM
Is the "Hold" light flashing or solid on?
The hold light is solid and I think it comes from my hold button which is on my automatic stick. I don't know what is this button for.
And I have another problem: the driver power window regulator failed in my 2000 Sportage and window fell open. The motor for the regulators are working but nothing happens; so I pulled up the window by hand and seems to stay in that place (closed)

So for few months I have been driving around without opening my window again. How can I repear this? Do you have any idea?
Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone. Short intro..just bought a 2000 4WD automatic ...and my HOLD light, along with my Check Engine light is on. The HOLD is flashing.

Have I somehow turned this HOLD button on?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Originally posted by samiam@Mar 16 2005, 09:14 PM
Hi everyone. Short intro..just bought a 2000 4WD automatic ...and my HOLD light, along with my Check Engine light is on. The HOLD is flashing.

Have I somehow turned this HOLD button on?

No, a flashing hold light means that the transmission control unit detected some sort of error. When that happens it directs the engine computer to turn on the check engine light.

Autozone will readout the trouble codes for free. It will be formatted PXXXX, where XXXX is a series of numbers. Get all the numbers that spit out of the engine computer and post them here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.

Ended up bringing truck back to dealer. Next time he started it up, No Lights!!
They decided the computer was faulty and are replacing that...

·
Registered
1 Posts
when you have the hold light on the car will stay in 3rd gear-----like for climbing hills whithout constant shifting back and forth or descending hills-----it will not shift to a lower gear or will not shift to 4th gear---turn it off by pushing button on left side of shifter-at least on my 95 kia sportage :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts