Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

On Friday I purchased a 2009 Carens S, which I am very pleased with so far however I am having a issue with the stereo and the USB input.

The stereo and the USB are both supposed to be capable of playing MP3's, I am quite tech savvy so know how this SHOULD work, however I keep having problems.

No matter what format the USB stick is, or how I burn the MP3's to cd I get the same result. The stereo recognise the USB or CD fine, and picks up all the tracks. However it "plays" them for about 0.5 seconds, they just jumps to the next track.

This is a problem that it would appear other people have had, however I can find no solution for it. Can anyone help??

·
Registered
Kia Rondo EX 2009 2.4L
1 Posts
I had songs not playing to the end (they all stopped at about 3:00 and go to the next song), this with an USB cheap mp3 player. Since, I bought a Sandisk 16 gb USB stick and all is fine.

Maybe related to your brand of CD's, the way you burn them?

Try another brand and burn them at lower speed maybe. Or, you could try to burn the same songs on an USB stick just for diagnosis purpose.

Patrice

·
Registered
2014 MY Rondo
43 Posts
Not sure if your radio/sound system is the same as mine (New Rondo), but there is a warning in the book that refers to the type of file system you have on the CD - I haven't read it through, just glanced at it this morning, in fact. It might be worth checking. You might also want to try changing the sampling rate (is that correct?) from perhaps 320 (or more) kbps down to 256 - I recall a few years back some Mp3 players couldn't cope with higher fidelity files.

Mine also plays WMA - perhaps if yours does too, you cold try changing the format to that for a few.

I hope this has helped.

Michael P

1 - 3 of 3 Posts