Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

I was driving my Kia sportage 1997 and suddenly the dashboard lights turned on and the car stull. I had problems with the battery before, so I decided to purchase a new battery. However the car was over heated and notices that the radiator had a leak. I went and fix the radiator, once I put the radiator back and crank the car it wasn't starting like before, I had to give it some gas. I change the engine oil and oil filter. The car still had some problem starting. What could it be?

Now I have the check engine light ON and the HOLD button light as well. I reset the computer, disconnecting the negative cable from the battery for 30 second. The check engine light and the HOLD button was not on, the car seems to be okay. I drove the car but notice not enough power going up hill and still problem starting the car. Should I change the spark plugs? Can someone help me on this situation?

Thanks

MATRUCO
:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
This may sound silly but check your Mass Airflow Sensor. I had the same problem you are with the loss of power and cleaning off my MAF helped out 100%.

·
Registered
154 Posts
you probably cooked the motor take the radiator cap off and get someone to start the engine, see if it blows bubbles.

·
Registered
09 Cobalt
429 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts