Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Soul Plus 2012
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Installed a reversing camera built into one of the number plate lights, comes as a complete unit from China for au$20.00, camera is CCD and gives a great picture on the 4.3 colour monitor also from China at au$30.00 both items included postage.
But the problem is getting the wiring fom the rear to the front console neat and hidden.I am looking at sliding the wireing under the side plastic in the boot well,under door scuff plates etc, the carpet is moulded and looks as if its not flexable enough to thread wires under, any suggestions would be most welcome Soul Plus 2012 RH driveRegards Peter

·
Registered
Soul Plus 2012
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Hi, I ran the wires up the passenger side, most of the plastic trim scuff plates etc are held on by plastic clips. Took a power and earth wire for the monitor from the rear reversing light [useing fig 8 speaker wire] saved me going into the dashboard, gap between the console hide the wires, camera monitor was mounted in the console in front of gear shift lever with the parking sensor head mounted just above.I was really pleased with the result. if your levering any of these clips up a plastic coated door tool stops paint scratch. HELP I notice the charcoal gray colour on the plastic trim marks easily my wifes hand bag has marked the side of the console, need a coloured dressing to cover it, anyone help? Regards Peter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts